This one is an essential must-have Christmas treat in every Indian Christian house. Here, I’ll talk about the traditional way this Christmas plum cake recipe is made here in India. But since I normally prefer to have every recipe as healthy as possible on my blog, so this Christmas cake is actually with proper fresh plums.
A combination of apricots, cherries, and fresh plums makes it a mind-blowing fruit & nut combination. The cake is moist and tender with a streusel-like topping and can be tried upon with different fruits like blueberries or strawberries. I love fruits in my desserts and so this is also one of my top ten recipe choices for Christmas season.
Also, Try out Easy Christmas Pudding Recipe
Ingredients for making Chritmas Plum Cake Recipe
1 Ounce = 28.35 grams
- 240 gms Flour (maida)
- 200 gms Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 120 gms Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 360 gms Raisins
- 5 to 6 Fresh Chopped Plums
- 100 ml Rum
- Few drops of Vanilla Essence
- 150 gms Lemon Peel
- 50 gms Walnuts
- 30 gms Crystallised Cherries
Preparation method for Christmas Plum Cake Recipe
- Grease the cake tin and sprinkle a little flour on the surface. Place a sheet of paraffin paper on the bottom.
- Cut the cherries, plums, walnuts and lemon peel into small pieces and immerse them along with the raisins in the rum.
- Cream the butter and sugar along with the vanilla essence.
- Add in the eggs gradually mixing all the while.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder. Mix in the rum with all the ingredients soaked in it.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake at 160° C for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Some interesting substitution: To make an egg-less cake, you can use a mixture of baking soda & vinegar for aeration of batter, which will make it soft as well.