These cakes are great for any special occasion and I always choose this supremely rich Chocolate lava cake recipe is one of my first choice on Christmas, for after dinner dessert… topped up with vanilla ice cream. Isn’t this oozing with the delicious aroma and sensual appeal !!
You can also try out our super easy recipe for Dark Chococlate Chiffon Cake
I love Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, a warm chocolate dessert with crispy top and melted center. When cut open, the molten chocolate flows down like lava, usually, it is paired with a scoop of ice-cream or cream or may be berries but I love to go just as it is.
It is not until your spoon breaks through the Molten Chocolate Cake’s outer crust, that you find its pudding-like center. This dessert has been described as, cake-like, brownie-like, mousse-like, and pudding-like, and that is because it has all of these characteristics. Molten Chocolate Cakes, also known as Chocolate Lava Cakes, have a rich and chocolate flavor, and a texture that is dense and moist. These cakes will rise beautifully as they bake (like a soufflé), but once they are removed from the oven they will slowly deflate.
The one thing everyone agrees on is that they have an intense chocolate flavor so use a very good dark chocolate. You can use either a bittersweet or semi-sweet but look for a chocolate that has a lovely shiny finish.
You can serve the cakes in their moulds or you can run a palette or sharp knife around the edge of each cake and then invert onto the center of each serving plate. Carefully remove the mould. Sprinkle the top of each cake with confectionery sugar or vanilla ice cream on top of each warm cake.
Ingredients for making Chocolate Lave Cake Recipe
- 150gms (5.30 ounce) bitter chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 220gms (7.7 ounce) sugar
- 2 eggs (safe to eat uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
Method for Making Chococlate Lava Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F and butter 17.5 cm of the cake tin.
- Break off the chocolate into tiny pieces and melt it along with butter over hot water.
- Beat the eggs with sugar for duration of 5 minutes, Mix corn starch to it and stir in well.
- Fold the melted butter and chocolate mixture and move it on to the cake tin.
- Bake the mixture at 350 degree F for 10 -12 minutes or until the toothpick inserted is 6 mm of the surface.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 5 minutes and Serve it with ice cream.
Tip: You can prepare the chocolate mixture several hours ahead of time. Simply make the recipe, pour into the prepared moulds, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Bake just before serving. When the batter is cold the cakes may take a minute or two longer to bake.