A simple task as boiling water seems like such a big task when you have to do it with a conventional kettle. Most of you must have hurt yourselves when trying to do so. Thanks to the introduction of electric kettle, you can now easily boil water without putting yourself in serious harm. This special appliance is very useful for boiling water, but besides boiling water it can also do a lot of other things. You can make pasta, boil eggs and last but the most favourite of everyone; you can even cook Maggi in it! Sounds like a fantastic idea, right?
If you are staying away from family for work or even staying at a hostel, investing in an electric kettle would be very advantageous. We know how it feels not getting home food and boiled eggs and noodles are the only way to survive. Don’t even start on the mess food provided in the hostel. Indian household kitchens should also invest in an electric kettle as it can be used to instantly boil water that could serve so many purposes. In India, many brands are available that provide electric kettles. Finding the most ideal electric kettle shall seem a bit overwhelming at first but we have come up with the Best Electric Kettle in India so that you can learn more about the appliance and find the best pick for your use. Our detailed Electric Kettle Buying Guide shall make you familiar with electric kettles so that it becomes easier and less hectic when you are choosing an electric kettle. To make your life even more peaceful, I have even reviewed 10 Best Electric Kettles for Hostel that have modern and latest features so that you can see for yourself without having to look around!
Electric Kettle in India Buying Guide
here is a comprehensive electric kettle buying guide that will help you in understanding the working of an electric kettle so you can choose the best one for your need.
Why should you buy an Electric Kettle?
Electric kettles have versatile applications and having a multifunctional appliance would always be a good deal. Daily routines where you have to make your breakfast which includes making tea or boiling eggs or using an electric kettle for cooking Maggi takes up so much of your time. One device shall do it all for you. Think about all the time you could save and how peaceful it can be unlike the rush and hurry you make your breakfast in or even skip breakfast so many times. Preparing soups and oats for that matter, so all the health-conscious people should also think about saving time and investing in this great technology. Electric Kettles have been a best friend to all the hostelers for such a long time. I was a hosteler for 4 years, and believe me, an electric kettle is your saviour. I cannot emphasize enough, how bachelors and hostelers worship this modern technological invention.
Working of an Electric Kettle
The electric kettle has a very simple working. The kettle has enclosed walls and a specific heating element which generates heat which in turn is used for heating the water.
The enclosed walls are generally stainless steel or copper walls while the heating element is a metal coil. Both of these elements work together and generate heat to boil the water that is poured inside the electric kettle.
There is also a thermostat at the bottom of the kettle which is responsible for regulating the kettle’s temperature. When a certain threshold is crossed, the electric kettle automatically stops working as this is known as the Auto cut Feature. In some of the models, there is also a light buzzer attached to this thermostat and whenever the circuit is broken to shut down the kettle, this buzzer also goes off to alert the user that the kettle has stopped working and the water has boiled.
Some Safety Tips while using an Electric Kettle
If you ask us,” Is an electric kettle harmful?” the answer is, when handling something that requires boiling, you must be extremely careful so that you don’t harm yourself. Electric kettles have been really safe for pursuing such tasks, but there are certain tips also which shall help you handle the device more easily and keep you safe at all times. We shall first discuss the tips that are recommended and should be done while you are handling an electric kettle.
Tips that we Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Do’s)
- The kettle should be cleaned after every use: Cleaning provides better performance and increases the lifespan of the electric kettle. Make sure you thoroughly clean the kettle after you have used it so that no limescale is present. A clean kettle will always have better functioning at all time.
- Fill water up to the mark only: When you look at an electric kettle, there is a marking for you which says “Max”. This marking suggests that you do not fill water or any liquid beyond that mark because there are high chances that after boiling it can overflow and create a mess.
- Be patient, calm and go by the rules: You mustn’t panic when operating an electric kettle as you could burn yourself or even damage the appliance. Some models do not support boiling of milk or any such tasks, be receptive of those rules and don’t ignore them as it may save you from damaging the appliance forever.
Tips that we Do Not Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Dont’s)
- Do Not operate the kettle empty: If the heating element generates heat without any reason, it shall degrade the functionality of the kettle and also reduce its lifespan. Also, running an empty kettle could be dangerous for you as well.
- Do Not Store anything in the kettle: Storing anything like even water in the kettle shall lead to the development of limescale which is responsible for degrading the kettle’s performance. Instead of boiling the excess amount of water and keeping most of it inside the kettle; only boil that much amount of water as much is needed.
How to choose a good electric kettle?
There are certain factors that you should be aware of about an electric kettle. This shall help you look for the right features and choose the best electric kettle. All these parameters are the areas of inspection when looking for the most ideal electric kettle available in the Indian market. Make sure you are careful about all these factors and you keep them in your mind when you are choosing an electric kettle for your home.
Electric kettles are preferred because they provide an instant boiling feature. You should be aware of the speed of the electric kettle which is mainly dependant on the power consumption of the device.
Kettles come in many different sizes and depending on your need and usage you can buy the most appropriate pick. If you are a bachelor or hosteler, you can easily go for a 1-litre small kettle. If you have many members who will be using the kettle, it is suggested to invest in a 4-litre kettle.
3. Auto Cut-off feature
Many models come with a cut-off function, where upon reaching a certain temperature, the appliance shuts down automatically and the water stops boiling. This seems like a great feature one should always look for in an electric kettle.
4. Cord / Cordless
Depending on your usage and requirements, you can choose either a cord operated electric kettle or choose a cordless one. Cordless ones are recently gaining popularity because of its ease of use. Cord kettles require a pin plug near them all the time which can get on your nerves sometimes.
The noisier an appliance, the less usability it has. A quiet and less noise-producing device shall work in the long run and also provide peace to the environment. Although the noise of an electric kettle is a way too less than other appliances you should choose the model which makes the most suitable noise when operating so that you are not stuck with a model you don’t like.
Our Best Picked Electric Kettle in India
|Electric Kettle Brand||Capacity||Watts||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Philips||1.5 L||1800||2 years||Amazon.in|
|Orpat||1.8 L||1600||1 year||Amazon.in|
|Inalsa Regal||1 L||1100||2 year||Amazon.in|
|Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS||1.5 L||1500||1 year||Amazon.in|
|Singer||1 L||1200||1 year||Amazon.in|
|Kitchenoff||1.8 L||1500||1 year||Amazon.in|
|Morphy Richards||0.5 L||1200||2 years||Amazon.in|
|Pigeon by Stovekraft||1.5 L||1500||1 year||Amazon.in|
|Bajaj Majesty||1 L||1100||2 years||Amazon.in|
|Prestige PKGSS||1.7 L||1500||1 year||Amazon.in|
Best Electric Kettle in India Review
Electric kettles have been receiving tremendous popularity since the recent years because it can be used for just about anything. From boiling water instantly to making delicious midnight noodles, electric kettle does it all. It is very beneficial for home usage as well. There are times when you have to boil water, eggs, prepare coffee or tea and having one device to do it all for you, would save you from using different utensils. The electric kettle has automatic shut down feature so you will not have to stand and look over it. When the job is finished, it shall automatically stop working and some even produce an alert to notify that the work is done. We have picked out some of the best electric kettles that are available in the Indian market so that you don’t have to look through multiple sources to find the best fit. With the help of our buying guide and our picks of the electric kettles, you can the most reliable electric kettle for your home.
1. Philips Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre)
Phillips has been providing the most reliable electronic appliances since the beginning of time. The appliances provided can be trusted and considered as the best in the market. This Philips HD9306/06 1.5-Litre Electric Kettle provides instant heating and has a very elegant design. It comes with an automatic shutdown feature because of which you will not have to stand and look over while it is operating. It also protects from heating issues, shocks, etc if you forget to shut down the kettle. Other features include a steam sensor, overheating protection, 360-degree cordless pirouette base.
– The kettle is made up of food-grade stainless steel.
– Capacity: 1.5 Litres with a concealed heating element.
– Power: 1800 Watts and Voltage: 230V
– Dry boiling protection along with overheating protection is provided.
– Warranty: 2 years of warranty is provided.
- Elegant design made of food-grade stainless steel
- 360-degree pirouette base makes it easy to handle
- Steam sensor and dry boiling protection to prevent hazards
- Wide mouth for easy pouring
- Cord length can be increased
Buy Philips Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre)
View on Amazon.in
2. Orpat Cordless Kettle (1.8-Litre)
The Orpat OEK-8137 1350-Watt Cordless Kettle is a great deal for making tea and coffee as it is highly efficient and does not require any manual effort. This electric kettle is durable and has an effective performance. It also has a locking lid feature which makes it unique as it prevents spilling. This kettle by Orpat comes with gripping handle to control the appliance properly. There is a base provided which is connected to a power source on which the Cordless Kettle is placed and can be easily removed which makes it even more very convenient to handle.
– The kettle is made up of stainless steel and aluminium.
– Capacity: 1.2 Litres
– Power Consumption of 1350 Watts for efficient performance.
– Auto cut off feature, 360-degree swivel base and many other safety features included.
– Warranty: 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty.
- Spout mouth for easy pouring
- Strong handle for good grip and easy management
- Switch on/off for controlling the device
- Auto cut off feature for safety
- Perfect for bachelors and individuals
- Customer service is not great
Buy Orpat Cordless Kettle (1.8-Litre)
View on Amazon.in
3. Inalsa Electric Kettle Select( 1 Litre)
This next electric kettle by Inalsa is a very budget-friendly appliance that you must have. Along with affordable prices, it also has a very reliable performance. Inalsa Electric Kettle Select-1350W with 1 Litre Capacity has a great design and fast heating features which makes it one of the best electric kettle available in India. The stainless steel finish looks very elegant and sleek as well as the 360-degree base makes it easy to handle as well. This electric kettle also has multi safety features such as steam sensors, overheating protection and dry boiling protection so that you can protect yourself from any safety hazards.
– The kettle has a stainless steel finish.
– Capacity: 1 Litre
– Power Consumption of 1350 Watts for effective heating performance.
– Safety features such as steam sensors, dry boiling protection are also included.
– Warranty: The appliance comes with 2 years of warranty.
- Built-in SS Filter sieve is used
- It has a concealed heating element
- Elegant and sleek stainless steel finish
- 360 degree cordless base for easy handle
- No Auto-Cutoff feature is provided
- Customer services should be improved
Buy Inalsa Electric Kettle
View on Amazon.in
4. Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS – 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr)
The reputation and trust Prestige has gained over the years, it is very natural that an electrical kettle by Prestige would make the top 10 list of the best electric kettles in the India Market. This Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS-1500watts comes with great features along with a very appealing design. The auto-shutdown feature helps to cut off the device when the water has boiled. There is also a concealed heating element which makes it more manageable. You can use it for multiple purposes such as making tea, coffee. You can also prepare noodles and oats as well as boil eggs in this electric kettle by Prestige.
– The kettle is made up of steel and has an elegant design.
– Capacity: 1.5 Litres which is suitable for 4-5 members of the family.
– Consume 1500 Watts of Power for efficient performance.
– Auto cut off feature along with detachable base makes it unique.
– Warranty: The appliance comes with 1 year of warranty.
- Lid locking feature with just a single touch
- Auto shut down feature to prevent spilling and other hazards
- Cordless base makes the device easy to handle
- Cord winder feature as well as the spout design makes it manageable
- You cannot remove the lid which shall sometimes make cleaning a bit difficult
Buy Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS – 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr)
View on Amazon.in
5. Singer Uno Electric Kettle (1-Litre)
The Singer UNO 1-litre electric kettle has both visual appeals as well as functional features. There are not many models which can manage to woo the customers on both the design as well as the performance. This electric kettle not only has an attractive built but also has very reliable performance. Although it consumes less power, it is more than sufficient given the size of the kettle. Concealed heating element and a cordless base feature are just some of the many features this electric kettle by Singer comes with. You can safely operate this appliance because of its auto cut off feature and 360-degree swivel base as well.
– The kettle has an elegant and appealing design.
– Capacity: 1 Litre which is suitable for bachelors and individuals.
– Has 1200 Watts of power consumption.
– Water level window, LED Indicator, Easy pour spout mouth, and many other features.
– Warranty: 1 year of warranty is provided.
- Concealed heating element makes it easy to handle
- Auto cut off feature prevents from hazards
- Appealing and attractive design along with the water level window
- Cordless operation along with a 360-degree swivel base
- Power consumption is less, which makes it energy efficient but performance can be affected
Buy Wonderchef Nutri-Blend Juicer Mixer Grinder
View on Amazon.in
6. Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
This next electric kettle is by Kitchoff and is a very easy to manage and convenient appliance. You can use it for many purposes such as boiling water instantly, making the tea, coffee etc. The Kirchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle has a great capacity of 1.8 litres which makes it suitable for families of large size. It also has the auto cut off feature as well as the cordless feature which makes it even easier to handle. It has a strong handle so that you have a good grip while you are working with the appliance to keep yourself safe at all times. Because of its lightweight, you can easily carry this device anywhere and even use it in your homes, offices etc.
– The kettle comes in a variety of colours which are all very appealing.
– Capacity: 1.8 Litres which is best for large families.
– The appliance consumes 1500 Watts of Power for efficient heating.
– Cool-touch handle, lid, indicators make the kettle more useful.
– Warranty: 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty is included with the appliance.
- Great capacity which is highly suitable for 4-5 members
- Auto cut off feature to avoid spilling and harm
- Elegant design with stainless steel finish and rubber protection
- Cool-touch handle provides good grip and safety as well
- Consumers have mentioned heating issues sometimes
- Electric shocks have also been reported
Buy Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
View on Amazon.in
7. Morphy Richards InstaCook Electric kettle (0.5 Litre)
Morphy Richards has gained popularity because of its reliable kitchen and home appliances and the premium quality it provides to the Indian market. The Morphy Richards InstaCook 1200 W, 0.5 Litre Electric kettle has a dedicated control knob for multi-purpose use which can be used for preparing tea coffee and different beverages. The removable plastic lid makes the kettle very easy to handle and clean as well. Dry volume protection and auto cut off feature make sure that you remain safe at all times while operating the appliance. Stainless steel coating makes it a premium appliance which should definitely be a part of your kitchen.
– Stainless steel finish gives a premium look to the appliance.
– Capacity: 1 Litre of capacity makes it suitable for medium to small size families.
– The appliance consumes 1200 Watts of Power
– 360 degree cordless base for easy operation
– Temperature control knob for multi-use and auto cook features are included.
– Warranty: The appliance comes with 2 years of manufacturer’s warranty.
- Temperature control knob can be used for multi use so that you can prepare different items
- Concealed heating element, dry boil protection provides ultimate safety
- Transparent lid makes it easier to clean and operate
- Cordless base makes it portable and handy
- Noise levels should be managed
- Auto cut off feature does not function efficiently sometimes
Buy Morphy Richards InstaCook Electric kettle (0.5 Litre)
View on Amazon.in
8. Pigeon by Stovekraft Shiny Steel Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre )
The next electric kettle in our list of the Best Electric Kettle in the Available in India is by Pigeon. Pigeon is known for providing reliable and durable appliances for many years. This Pigeon by Stovekraft Shiny Steel 1.5-Litre Electric Kettle is made up of food-grade quality stainless steel which makes it extremely hygienic and safe to use. The elegant design with spout mouth and 360-degree swivel base makes it an awesome deal. The auto-shutdown feature and indicator lights make the kettle safe for operation so that there is no harm when you are working with the appliance.
– The kettle is made of food-grade quality steel which makes it hygienic.
– Capacity: 1.5 Litres of capacity which is most appropriate for medium to large size families.
– The appliance consumes 1500 Watts of Power for powerful performance.
– Spout design and 360-degree swivel base makes it efficient.
– Warranty: 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty is provided with the appliance.
- Elegant design and appealing look made up of food-grade steel
- Auto shut off feature for preventing hazards and ensuring safety
- 360 degree base ensures easy operation
- Press button lid for easy opening
- Short cord length
Buy Pigeon by Stovekraft Shiny Steel Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre )
View on Amazon.in
9. Bajaj Cordless Kettle (1.7-Litre)
The brand Bajaj continues to provide reliable and durable appliances to the Indian market for a very long time. You can easily trust Bajaj with closed Eyes and this Bajaj Cordless Kettle is very affordable and has a great performance as well. It is made up of plastic which has fine quality. It is light in weight and highly portable which makes it handy and travel friendly at all times. The appliance comes with a water level window through which you can look at the level of the water that you are filling inside the appliance so that you don’t overfill the kettle.
– The kettle is made of fine quality plastic material.
– Capacity: 1.7 Litres of capacity which is sufficient for large families of up to 7 members.
– The appliance consumes 1100 Watts of power which makes it energy efficient along with efficient performance
– Auto cut feature makes sure you don’t spill anything and there are no hazards.
– Warranty: The appliance has a 2 year of manufacturer’s warranty.
- Spout design makes easy pouring and easy cleaning
- Auto shut off feature ensures safety at all times
- Easy to operate as it is cordless with a 360 degree base
- Lightweight makes the kettle handy and portable
- The plastic quality is not liked by majority of the consumers
Buy Bajaj Cordless Kettle (1.7-Litre)
View on Amazon.in
10. Prestige Electric Kettle (1.7L)
We have already included one product by Prestige earlier. The reliability and durability that is provided by Prestige is commendable and cannot be praised in words. This other electric kettle is the Prestige PKGSS 1.7L 1500W Electric Kettle which comes with many unique features of its own. Concealed heating element and a cordless base which can be easily detached makes this electric kettle even more appealing to the Indian market. A single touch opening of the lid makes it easy to operate and the auto cut off feature ensures maximum safety and efficiency of the electric kettle. Indicators and glass lid also make this electric kettle highly desirable.
– The electric kettle has a stainless steel build.
– Capacity: 1.7 Litres of capacity which can easily be used by large families.
– The appliance consumes 1500 Watts of Power for powerful heating and efficient performance.
– Packed with features such as auto shut down, concealed heating, light indicators and many more.
– Warranty: 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty is provided with the appliance.
- Great build quality made up of stainless steel
- Concealed heating element makes the appliance more manageable
- Glass lid ensure easy cleaning of the kettle
- Auto shut off feature ensures all-round protection from any damage
- Proper cleaning is required otherwise limescale can build up
Buy Prestige PKGSS 1.7L 1500W Electric Kettle
View on Amazon.in
Best Electric Kettle in India 2022 – Conclusion
When planning to buy an electric kettle, it is recommended to look for all the important and necessary features and then pay attention to the price otherwise there is a chance you might end up with an appliance with fewer features and expensive as well. The buying guide is designed in such a way that you get all-round information about electric kettles and you also get to know about all the features you should look for in an ideal electric kettle. You should also make sure that you clean your kettle in the right way so that limescale build-up can damage the surface of the kettle and affect the lifespan of the appliance as well. One easy way of cleaning an electric kettle is by filling up the kettle with vinegar and water and heat the mixture until it starts boiling. After the mixture has boiled, cool it down and unplug the kettle. After this, you can normally rinse the kettle with normal water. It is recommended to wash the electric kettle with properly with drinking water once more to ensure proper cleaning. We have reviewed some of the best electric kettles in India and have listed all the features provided by them. We hope our buying guide and reviews help you choose the best electric kettle for your home.
Also see more options in Small Kitchen Appliances