A simple task as boiling water seems like such a big task when you have to do it with a conventional kettle. Most of you must have hurt yourselves when trying to do so. Thanks to the introduction of electric kettle, you can now easily boil water without putting yourself in serious harm. This special appliance is very useful for boiling water, but besides boiling water it can also do a lot of other things. You can make pasta, boil eggs and last but the most favourite of everyone; you can even cook Maggi in it! Sounds like a fantastic idea, right?
If you are staying away from family for work or even staying at a hostel, investing in an electric kettle would be very advantageous. We know how it feels not getting home food and boiled eggs and noodles are the only way to survive. Don’t even start on the mess food provided in the hostel. Indian household kitchens should also invest in an electric kettle as it can be used to instantly boil water that could serve so many purposes. In India, many brands are available that provide electric kettles. Finding the most ideal electric kettle shall seem a bit overwhelming at first but we have come up with the Best Electric Kettle in India so that you can learn more about the appliance and find the best pick for your use. Our detailed Electric Kettle Buying Guide shall make you familiar with electric kettles so that it becomes easier and less hectic when you are choosing an electric kettle. To make your life even more peaceful, I have even reviewed 10 Best Electric Kettles for Hostel that have modern and latest features so that you can see for yourself without having to look around!
- Electric Kettle in India Buying Guide
- Why should you buy an Electric Kettle?
- Working of an Electric Kettle
- Some Safety Tips while using an Electric Kettle
- Tips that we Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Do’s)
- Tips that we Do Not Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Dont’s)
- How to choose a good electric kettle?
- 1. Speed
- 2. Capacity
- 3. Auto Cut-off feature
- 4. Cord / Cordless Depending on your usage and requirements, you can choose either a cord operated electric kettle or choose a cordless one. Cordless ones are recently gaining popularity because of its ease of use. Cord kettles require a pin plug near them all the time which can get on your nerves sometimes. 5. Noise
- Our Best Picked Electric Kettle in India
- Best Electric Kettle in India Review
- 1. Philips Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre)
- 2. Orpat Cordless Kettle (1.8-Litre)
- 3. Inalsa Electric Kettle Select( 1 Litre)
- 4. Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS – 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr)
- 5. Singer Uno Electric Kettle (1-Litre)
- 6. Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
- Attractive Features
- 7. Morphy Richards InstaCook Electric kettle (0.5 Litre)
- 8. Pigeon by Stovekraft Shiny Steel Electric Kettle (1.5-Litre )
- 9. Bajaj Cordless Kettle (1.7-Litre)
- 10. Prestige Electric Kettle (1.7L)
- Best Electric Kettle in India 2022 – Conclusion
Electric Kettle in India Buying Guide
here is a comprehensive electric kettle buying guide that will help you in understanding the working of an electric kettle so you can choose the best one for your need.
Why should you buy an Electric Kettle?
Electric kettles have versatile applications and having a multifunctional appliance would always be a good deal. Daily routines where you have to make your breakfast which includes making tea or boiling eggs or using an electric kettle for cooking Maggi takes up so much of your time. One device shall do it all for you. Think about all the time you could save and how peaceful it can be unlike the rush and hurry you make your breakfast in or even skip breakfast so many times. Preparing soups and oats for that matter, so all the health-conscious people should also think about saving time and investing in this great technology. Electric Kettles have been a best friend to all the hostelers for such a long time. I was a hosteler for 4 years, and believe me, an electric kettle is your saviour. I cannot emphasize enough, how bachelors and hostelers worship this modern technological invention.
Working of an Electric Kettle
The electric kettle has a very simple working. The kettle has enclosed walls and a specific heating element which generates heat which in turn is used for heating the water.
The enclosed walls are generally stainless steel or copper walls while the heating element is a metal coil. Both of these elements work together and generate heat to boil the water that is poured inside the electric kettle.
There is also a thermostat at the bottom of the kettle which is responsible for regulating the kettle’s temperature. When a certain threshold is crossed, the electric kettle automatically stops working as this is known as the Auto cut Feature. In some of the models, there is also a light buzzer attached to this thermostat and whenever the circuit is broken to shut down the kettle, this buzzer also goes off to alert the user that the kettle has stopped working and the water has boiled.
Some Safety Tips while using an Electric Kettle
If you ask us,” Is an electric kettle harmful?” the answer is, when handling something that requires boiling, you must be extremely careful so that you don’t harm yourself. Electric kettles have been really safe for pursuing such tasks, but there are certain tips also which shall help you handle the device more easily and keep you safe at all times. We shall first discuss the tips that are recommended and should be done while you are handling an electric kettle.
Tips that we Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Do’s)
- The kettle should be cleaned after every use: Cleaning provides better performance and increases the lifespan of the electric kettle. Make sure you thoroughly clean the kettle after you have used it so that no limescale is present. A clean kettle will always have better functioning at all time.
- Fill water up to the mark only: When you look at an electric kettle, there is a marking for you which says “Max”. This marking suggests that you do not fill water or any liquid beyond that mark because there are high chances that after boiling it can overflow and create a mess.
- Be patient, calm and go by the rules: You mustn’t panic when operating an electric kettle as you could burn yourself or even damage the appliance. Some models do not support boiling of milk or any such tasks, be receptive of those rules and don’t ignore them as it may save you from damaging the appliance forever.
Tips that we Do Not Recommend when using an Electric Kettle (Dont’s)
- Do Not operate the kettle empty: If the heating element generates heat without any reason, it shall degrade the functionality of the kettle and also reduce its lifespan. Also, running an empty kettle could be dangerous for you as well.
- Do Not Store anything in the kettle: Storing anything like even water in the kettle shall lead to the development of limescale which is responsible for degrading the kettle’s performance. Instead of boiling the excess amount of water and keeping most of it inside the kettle; only boil that much amount of water as much is needed.
How to choose a good electric kettle?
There are certain factors that you should be aware of about an electric kettle. This shall help you look for the right features and choose the best electric kettle. All these parameters are the areas of inspection when looking for the most ideal electric kettle available in the Indian market. Make sure you are careful about all these factors and you keep them in your mind when you are choosing an electric kettle for your home.
Electric kettles are preferred because they provide an instant boiling feature. You should be aware of the speed of the electric kettle which is mainly dependant on the power consumption of the device.
Kettles come in many different sizes and depending on your need and usage you can buy the most appropriate pick. If you are a bachelor or hosteler, you can easily go for a 1-litre small kettle. If you have many members who will be using the kettle, it is suggested to invest in a 4-litre kettle.
3. Auto Cut-off feature
Many models come with a cut-off function, where upon reaching a certain temperature, the appliance shuts down automatically and the water stops boiling. This seems like a great feature one should always look for in an electric kettle.