Summers has arrived in India and with the summers comes flooded mangoes. What comes in our mind to beat this unbearable heat is an ice cream. With the mangoes arriving this season ,why don’t we beat this heat with a homemade mango ice cream.
This Homemade mango ice cream is truly creamy, rich and soft. Made out of fresh mango pulp, it gives an authentic taste of mango flavor. The market is full of varieties of mangoes in this season but I always recommend using fresh Alphonso as it makes some of the best flavored homemade mango ice cream. With the goodness of mango pulp, cream, milk and sugar, a scoopful can bring a smile on anybody’s face. A homemade mango ice cream is always much much better than the packaged one. When you make it at home, it has no artificial flavors or colors in it which is really an advantage when it comes to mango flavors.
We also have another mango recipe, check it out our Aam Panna Drink Recipe, especially great for summers.
Let us see the recipe for homemade mango ice cream.
|Tip: Don’t forget to decorate the ice cream with fresh mango pieces or nuts.|
|Tip: You can add vanilla extract or essence to this ice cream and it gives nice vanilla flavor along with mango flavor as well.|
|Tip:Before preparing the ice cream if you set the control of the freezer compartment of the refrigerator at the highest one hour in advance that would help ice cream to set perfectly.|
Ingredients for Homemade Mango Ice cream
- Mango puree mixture – 1 ¾ cups (puree from about 2 mangoes+ 1 cup mango juice)
- Heavy whipping cream – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – ¼ cup or more (¼ cup of sugar is perfect to sweeten the cream + more as required as per your mangoes’ sweetness)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
Method for making Homemade Mango Ice cream
- Keep aside a few mango pieces for decoration. Mix the remaining chopped mango, mango juice and sugar very well to make puree mixture.
- Beat the cream lightly. Add the beaten cream to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into ice trays. The layer of an ice-cream mixture should not be more than 12 mm. thick./li>
- Put the trays in the freezer compartment so that each tray touches the chilling plate directly. Under no circumstances should a tray be put over ice cubes or another tray.
- The ice-cream will be almost fully set in 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the refrigerator).
- At this stage, remove the frozen mixture into a bowl.
Mix well, decorate with the balance mango pieces, caramel syrup or nuts and serve immediately.
Here is a video for making Homemade Mango Ice cream
[youtube id=”KFBQ_EJaIEE” width=”700″ height=”380″ position=”center”]
Featured Image Credit : Flickr.com