Aam Panna drink is a rejuvenating and refreshing summer cooler which helps greatly in beating summer heat. This Indian drink renowned for its heat-resistant properties is made from green mangoes and is light green in color, and is consumed as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense hot and humid climate.
Apart from just beating the heat, Aam Panna drink is considered beneficial in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders also because of the combination of some useful spices used to make it.
I have two mango trees in our backyard garden and one outside my home, which are filled with a huge haul of raw mangoes each season. A large batch of mangoes are allowed to ripen while the rest are used to make large jars of sweet and hot pickles, juice, squash, desserts and a lot of which is gifted to family and friends. While picking mangoes, some of them get slightly bruised and cannot be used to make pickles. We use these slightly bruised mangoes to make mango pulp that is frozen while some are peeled, sliced and sun dried to make Amchur powder (dry mango powder).
Raw mangoes are perfect to protect you from sun-strokes. Make this drink early time and keep it refrigerated. Whenever you come home from outside heat, have a glass of Aam Panna Drink. it will make you feel refreshing.
You can even roast the mangoes on wood charcoal that’s what actually happen in our Indian villages where people keep themselves energetic by having this natural drink and this method even gives the subtle charred flavor to the drink at the end. If you don’t like charred flavor in your Aam panna drink recipe then boil the mangoes in pressure cooker.
The spices like roasted cumin seed,fennel,black salt, black pepper are all good for our digestion and makes this drink even better for your stomach.
Let’s make it a more cool refreshing summer by making Aam panna drink.
|Tips: You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your desire.|
|Tips: You can use jaggery instead of sugar.|
|Tips: This mixture can stay in refrigerator for up to a week and|
always serve when chilled it tastes better and has more cooling effect that way.
|Tips: You can use both roasted and boiled raw mangoes but just make sure the pulp comes out easily.|
Ingredients for making Aam Panna Drink
- 3 medium size green raw mangoes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- Black salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves purée
- Ice crushed
- Mint leaves for garnishing
How to make Aam Panna Drink
- Place the mangoes along with water in a sauce-pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from fire, alternately you can pressure cook the mangoes with water till soft.
- Let them cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp with the help of a spoon. Grind mango pulp along with water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan take the pulpy mixture, add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add pureed mint also.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder,fennel powder,black salt, black pepper.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- To make the drink : take a tall glass pour 1 -2 tbsp of the mango mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4th and now add crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.