Most of us are not a gym freak but still would love to stay fit. Fitness is important, but a difficult task to put it in your daily routine. Walking, running, and jogging are few of the best exercises to keep in shape and be healthy. Going out for a run demands a fixed routine and is useful if you have the right environment. Why not buy some of the best treadmill for home use where you can run or walk as per your convenience!! Nowadays, there are several types of equipment available in the market but among all… Treadmills happen to be the fan-favorite of all. A treadmill is an incredible machine for burning stubborn fat, losing weight and increasing your stamina.
Also check out our review on the Best Weighing Scale for Home
Advantages of buying a treadmill
- It is more convenient than visiting a gym regularly
- Compared to some Gym membership fees, more affordable in the longer run
- It is an investment for the whole family
- Nobody hogs the machine like they do in the gym, and you don’t have to stand in line waiting for them to get off 🙂
- For a person with hygiene issues, it is better to have a machine to yourself than use the one which is accessible to all kinds of people 🙂
- You can be flexible with your time and work out whenever you want, be it day or night
- Be it any weather outside, you cannot come up with any reasons to not work out when you have one of these
The market is full of several types and brands for treadmills. All offer different features, serve different purposes, and have different capacity. Let’s discuss the different treadmills to have an excellent understanding so you can buy the best treadmill for your home to cope up with the cardio fitness needs anytime.
Mostly all the home treadmills are powered by reliable motors and built up for your convenience with lot of features that could guide you the best workout session for more information on buying the best treadmills for a home.
Check out our Buying Guide section.
Best Treadmills for Home Reviews
There are too many options available online that make sit, so much confusion to select the best one. So, with a lot of research, we were able to select a few home treadmills that are pretty convenient and the best one that can fit your budget as well as accomplish your health goals.
1. Powermax Fitness TDM-98 Foldable Motorized Treadmill
The Powermax Fitness TDM- 98 is one of the best treadmills for home; it has an ideal space-saving design as it is foldable and has manual locks which help you to store it easily. The folding treadmill does not compromise with size and quality; the anti-skid running belt ensures effective workouts and helps you burn calories to stay healthy and fit. The treadmill I also equipped with Aux input and a USB port, which allows you to set the right workout mood.
- Maximum weight capacity for users Walking – 90 kg,
Running – 65 kg
- Running deck size – 43.3 X 15.75 inches / 1100 x 400mm
- DC Motor – 1.75 HP
- LED display with 12 pre-set programs for tracking speed, time, distance, calories burned, and heart rate
- Auto-stop safety feature
- Warranty – lifetime warranty on frame, three years on motor & 1 year on parts
- Easy to Install, Foldable
- USB input and Speakers
- Running deck is comfortable
- Sturdy and effective for daily workout
- Great product with respect to price range
- Easy to install and store
- Mostly suitable for walking/jogging
Shop Powermax Fitness TDM-98 Foldable Motorized Treadmill
Buy on Amazon.in
2. Fitkit FT200 Series Motorized Treadmill
This foldable motorized treadmill has a great combination of good looks and functionality. It is ideal for domestic use and is easy to store. The stable steel frame structure ensures safe and effective walking/running, and the MP3 and AUX port support good music during a workout for the music freaks. It has an additional pulse rate monitor and an LCD which displays the time, distance, heart rate, and calories burned. To enhance your workout productivity, it comes with 12 pre-loaded workout programs and levels of auto inclination settings.
- Maximum weight capacity – 110 kg
- Auto inclination
- 12 Preset Workout setting programs
- Running deck size – 48 X 16.53 inches
- DC Motor – 2.25 HP
- LCD display with 12 pre-set programs
- Warranty –1 year on motor & 1 year on parts and manufacturing defects
- Product has great delivery and installation service
- Perfect for Domestic use
- Wheel for easy transportation
- Auto inclination helps to burn more calories
- Walking platform has shock absorbent
- Easy to assemble
- No downside noted yet
3. Lifeline 4 in 1 Deluxe Manual Treadmill
This is a non motorized foldable 4 in 1 treadmill suitable for doing multiple workouts at home. It has an electronic meter which displays speed, distance, time, calories and pulse. It also has a twister which helps in the slimming of thighs, waist and hips.A heavy build and sturdy Lifeline 4 in 1 Deluxe Manual Treadmill is has a user-friendly dashboard with an electronic metre display. The electronic meter has pre-installed functions like speed, distance, calories, time and pulse which lets you monitor your workout and health with finesse. The best part of this treadmill is its dual action design to work on toning arms & legs.
- Maximum weight capacity – 100 kg
- Running deck size – 47.2 X 12 inches
- Warranty – 6 months
- 4 in 1 all round fitness regime options
- User Friendly electronic meter with pre-installed functions
- Easy to assemble
- Great for multi function exercise at home
- Wheels for easy transporting to different rooms
- Doesn’t have shock absorber
4. Cockatoo CTM-05 Steel 1 HP Motorized Multi-Function Treadmill
Cockatoo is a sleek stylish motorized foldable treadmill which ensures smooth and hassle-free workout sessions. It is equipped with an AUX input through which you can listen to your favorite music while exercising. Its a smart buy due to its amazing features with powerful super quiet energy-saving motor and high-speed range.
It saves a lot of room space and has an LCD display that helps you control and monitor your health goals. It easily lets you optimize your workout with its 12 programme settings and manual incline feature. F
- Maximum weight capacity – 90 kg
- Running deck size – 43.3 X 15.3 inches
- 1 HP DC Motor
- 5” LED display with 12 pre-set programs
- Warranty – lifetime warranty on frame, 3 year on motor & 1 year on parts
- Good quality product
- Comfortable running deck
- Value for money
- Easy to setup, does not take much space
- Manual incline
- AUX input to listen music from your iPhone, Android or MP3
- There is no pause button
- 7 in 1 exercise regime -1 Sit-ups, 1 Dumbbells, 1 Massager, 1 Tummy Twister, 1 Treadmill, 1 Silicone Lubricant 550ml, 1 Resistant Tubes
- Maximum weight capacity – 100 kg
- Running deck size – 43 X 15 inches
- DC Motor – 1 HP
- 3” LED display with 12 pre-set programs
- Warranty –3 year on frame & 1 year on motor and parts
- Sleek design, easy to install
- Portable, Consumes very less space
- Good for daily exercise
- Frame quality is just fine
- Starts shaking at speed greater than 6
- Weight capacity – Walking – 130 kg, Running – 120 kg
- 7 inches TFT Touch Screen
- Running surface (l x w) – 49.2 x 18 inches
- Wide Speed Range
- Android app and wifi connectivity
- Lifetime frame warranty, 3-year motor warranty and 1-year parts warranty
- Auto running belt lubrication
- Shock Absorption Spring
- Easy Transportation
- Comes in 90 percent assembled state
- Noiseless operation
- Few users can find it expensive if compared to other treadmills
5. Healthgenie 3911M 2.5 HP Peak Motorized Treadmill – 7 in 1
This is a lightweight foldable 7 in 1 motorized Treadmill from Healthgenie which is suitable for home use which comes with self-installable tools. It is a great choice for daily fitness goals, the MP3 speakers and AUX port keeps you entertained while exercising. The foldable treadmill has wheels which make it portable and easy to store. Its a complete home gym with all solution pack that comes with 2 level inclination and 12 different programme modes.
6. Kobo 2.5 H.P Motorised Fitness Treadmill
Kobo Treadmills are one of the best brands in the sports industry. It’s quite well known for offering home gym solutions that is affordable and easy to use.
The Kobo 2.5 HP Motorized has 2. 5 Hp motor offer a smooth ride while the 7 inches tft display tracks your distance, time, speed, calories burned, heart beat and built in hd videos. If we talk about its unique features and performance, it has a spring shocker, big self balancing and shock absorbing spring wheels which effectively reduces the shock while running. The functionality is amazing with a LCD Display of 7 inches screen, android system, online music and video supported. It has built in HD scenery videos. There are 36 preset workout programs.
Best Home Treadmill Buying Guide
What are the different types of treadmills?
Motorized treadmills have the same fundamental design that is a moving belt powered by an electric motor, but when combined with different design and features the price varies. We have categorized the treadmills as per the price and the folding feature.
1. Budget folding treadmills
These models have a short running belt which is sufficient for walkers. They include a display for speed, distance, time, and calories burned. It also has a shelf for holding a water bottle. The model does not include any heart rate control programs.
2. Folding treadmills
These models generally have more features than the other models mentioned above. They have more exercise programs, including heart rate control setups. The sturdier construction makes these treadmills suitable for occasional running.
3. Non-Folding treadmills
These treadmills have a sturdy deck and frame, a longer running belt with a large surface. It’s the best choice for frequent runners, and it comes with integrated heart-rate control programs, higher max speeds, and steeper max inclines. They also hold the most extended warranties amongst all other models.
Things to consider before buying a Home Treadmill
Below are some key factors which are essential to consider while choosing the best treadmill for home use.
Weight capacity – It is the most crucial aspect as it tells the maximum weight the treadmill will withstand. Therefore check the weight capacity before you buy because exceeding the weight limit will cause unnecessary pressure on the treadmill, which can cause a further breakdown. Make sure your treadmill has a higher weight capacity than your body weight.
1. Deck size
The running deck refers to the area you can use for exercising, so it is vital to find the ideal one for your use. The minimum deck size should be at least 20 x 60 inches. Besides the size also consider the shock absorption capacity of the deck as that should reduce the impact on your joints, legs and knees. But it is not advisable to run on super cushioning treadmill as some impact is required on the body so finding a suitable ground is the best.
2. Motor functionality
Motor is the heart of the treadmill; it is the most crucial thing as it determines the overall performance of the treadmill. Average power of the treadmill is usually 2 HP. Higher the horsepower of the treadmill, higher effective it will be but the price will also get high.
3. Control panel
Make sure the control panel is easy to use and the functions are basic and simple. A good treadmill will not have unnecessary buttons on the panel. It is also important to have enough space between all buttons as it will help you operate while exercising so check for a user friendly design. The control panel should have an option for choosing the workout program and also adjusting the intensity. The display should shows your stats like speed, time, calories burned, workout program, etc.
4. Number of people using it
The number of people using the same machine is an important factor to determine which kind of treadmill is suitable for your home. If it is used multiple times by multiple people you should definitely check the durability of the machine. Durability is an important factor; therefore check for the functional time period of the parts before you face wear and tear.
It is the key feature you should look for while operating any machine. There is a safety plug near control panel which you can pull to immediately stop the treadmill.
Good brands are known for offering good customer support. Most treadmills have warranty on frame, parts and motor. It is good if you find lifetime warranty on frame ad motor or at least a warranty of 10 years. Also, the electronics must carry a warranty of 5 years.
7. Additional features
There are certain features which enhance performance of the treadmill. Also, some treadmills has more programme setting modes that can be used for better workout regime.
8. Weight restrictions
It is an important feature to consider if you are a heavy or a tall person. This also indicates the sturdiness of the treadmill.
9. Belt size
An ideal belt size is 48 inches long and 16 inches wide.
Speed varies for each treadmill but a speed rate of 10 MPH is ideal for runners.
Proper inclination – A good inclination is necessary for those who want to lose weight, walk and run.
Stability – Make sure the model you choose has good stability and it should not shake while you walk or run.
Price is a major concern while purchasing a treadmill as they are pretty costly. Make sure to list your priorities in terms of features required while choosing the model. Generally good treadmills are available in a price range of Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000.