Do you know that statistics say that just about half 75 million people have controlled high blood pressure, and one in every seven Indians are hypertension patients? Aren’t those some alarming figures? Any fluctuation in blood pressure can cause life-threatening problems in our body, and they should be tracked regularly by hypertension patients. According to medical research, self-monitoring of blood pressure can help reduce a lot of disease by controlling your blood pressure and lowering your hypertension. Measuring the blood pressure is not possible by a lot of us as we don’t visit a doctor or a hospital regularly so to reduce the risk of hypertension, a doctor recommends a home monitor. Therefore to make life more healthy, we have researched some of the best blood pressure monitors for home use that will give you accuracy and ease to put your blood pressure under control at all times. Once you know its high, you can with a little bit of diet, exercise and appropriate medication can control your body and live a healthy life.
How a Blood Pressure Monitor works?
Its crucial for our well being to look after our health, there are so many heart-related problems that are still an issue of concern, but with a little bit of care and regular checkup, we can take control on these deadly diseases. A patient with hypertension has to take extra precaution and should start keeping track of your blood pressure. Blood Pressure monitors are designed exactly for this purpose to help you track your blood pressure. You can be in a relaxed way in the comfort of your home and monitor your BP. You have to choose the right one that fits your need.
Things to keep in mind while buying the Best Blood Pressure monitors for home use
Blood pressure Monitors Buying Guide
1. Types of Monitor
In the market, there are two types of Blood Pressure monitor available right now:
Whatever type you choose the most important thing is to get the most accurate reading for which it’s important to fit the cuff at the proper level and not move while taking the blood pressure. It’s always accurate if the user is relaxed and calm.
- Aneroid or Manual monitors
- Digital monitors
– This one has an option of wrist cuff where you have to press the bulb that inflates the cuff around your arms. You then read the gauge given to measure the blood pressure. These are the most affordable ones but lasts longer, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea to measure the blood pressure with that accuracy unless you have learned to use it.
– In this one a digital machine inflates the cuff for you and reading appears automatically on the screen. Some models also have a memory that tracks your BP history and can be connected to your smart devices.
Also, there are two different design of blood pressure monitor, an arm cuff that is heavier and requires correct arm fit. while the wrist-cuff models, on the contrary, are very lightweight, portable and comfortable for you.
2. Extra added functionality
Do you want your machine to be connected to the internet or Bluetooth synchronization? Any added feature that can help you is always the best buy. There are a few models that allow you to store reading of two different users or all family members. A few of the machine has a sensor that tells you if the cuff fits on your arm or wrist correctly, so you get the accurate measurements.
3. Easy to Use
As we mentioned above that manual blood pressure machine are not easy to use, and in the digital machine, its just a matter of pressing a button and the machine takes care of the rest.
4. Arm Size
I feel this feature is significant as you won’t get an accurate result if the cuff is not positioned correctly in your arms. A big arm wrestler or fitness freak has to take a large blood pressure monitor cuff. Anything more than 16 inches will not fit in the standard size blood pressure cuff.
Here are the Best Blood Pressure Monitors for home use
One of the easiest ways to protect yourself and our loved ones against hypertension, heart disease, or any other deadly organ dysfunction is to get in the habit of monitoring our blood pressure. So let’s see these top 10 best blood pressure monitors for home use that will help you to track your blood pressure anytime with ease and comfort.
1. Omron Healthcare 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
BEST VALUE DIGITAL BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
I would call this one as one of the best-valued home blood pressure monitor as it has some extremely high-end features with a surprisingly affordable price tag. It has a free app that helps you chart your previous records, and TruRead technology takes three consecutive readings and calculates the average, which is recommended by most of the doctors to take an average reading at home.
- Records average of three readings together automatically
- Manage up to 200 readings for 2 users with a switch user button
- Monitor your unlimited readings through their free app
- Easy to read and use in low lights with backlit display
- User friendly device
- The machine is very easy to use with push button start
- Keeps track of unlimited Statistics
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and the free app works on all smart devices
- Automatically records three average readings
- Can detect irregular heartbeats
- Few Indian users were not getting connectivity with Bluetooth device
2. Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
BEST WRIST BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
Designed for discreet use as this one from Omron is very quiet so you can use it anywhere. Its portable and has a modern sleek design that works on 4 batteries. Its very easy to use with single button start. It has easy to read display even for elderly people. It is a wrist series monitor with quick inflation, and saves up to 100 readings in memory with a time and date stamp.
- Ultra-Silent Inflation for Easy and Discreet Use
- Very sleek for easy portability
- Displays large digits on backlit screen
- Saves up to 100 readings in memory with a time and date
- Comfortable than most blood pressure monitors
- Guiding light that tells correct positioning for optimal accuracy
- Detects various irregular heartbeat issues
- Automatically takes average of your latest reading and reading taken 10 minutes before
- Very portable and carry friendly
- Stores up to 100 readings for two users
- Big Large easy to read display
- Doesn’t support any Bluetooth device
3. Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit
MOST USER FRIENDLY BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
The Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor is thoughtfully designed that gives the user peace of mind. Its is very user friendly with large display which is quiet bright and clearly labelled. For easy understanding of your results, it has different color coded bars. It can be operated through batteries as well as wall power socket. switch between battery power and wall socket power adds flexibility and convenience. Isn’t that so convenient?
- The display is very user friendly with amazing user interface
- It has option of two power supply
- Easy to transport and store
- Very accurate and calculates average of last 3 readings
- Large, easy-to-read LCD screen display
- Hypertension indicator bar
- Irregular heartbeat sensor alert
- Easy to carry and has two power supply
- 2 users can store up to 60 records each
- Doesn’t support any app connectivity or Bluetooth connectivity
4. Care Touch Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor
BEGINNERS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
The Care Touch Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor is best for those who are beginner as it gives the accurate reading with just 60 seconds response and the color coded bars instantly clears where your pressure reading stands. Its very easy to use with just one button start and keeps a track of up to 60 readings.It has a Clear Large LCD display so it is easy to read and powers off automatically.
- Accurate reading in less than 60 seconds
- Batteries included with the devise
- Large easy to read backlit display
- Irregular heartbeat detecting symbol
- Can keep track of up to 60 readings
- Easy to use for first time users
- Low Battery indicator
- Automatically powers off
- Comfortable to use
- The wrist cuff might not fit all sizes
5. Omron Evolv Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
MOST ACCURATE & SMART BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
This blood pressure monitor by Omron is highly innovative that ca be connected to their free Omron App where you can use an online dashboard that lets you track and manage your heart health. You can wirelessly sync all readings, view your reading anytime and can store and track all data on your smart devices. The data can be emailed as well to your doctor. That’s not all the best part of this blood pressure monitor is that it allows you to sit in any comfortable position however you like and still it gives an accurate reading with its added sensors algorithm.
- Most Portable Wireless Blood pressure monitor
- Accurate reading with its heart sensor algorithm
- Eliminates interference from movements
- free app to track your health statistics
- Compatible with Alexa-enable Devices
- Lets you set unlimited profile
- Very compact, sleek and contemporary design
- Easy to set up and use
- Online dashboard helps you track and manage heart health
- Quick-start guide and instruction manual
- Wide-Range ComFit Cuff
- Connects to all smart devices with free app
- A little expensive
6. Dr Trust USA Atrial Fibrillation Dual Talking Digital BP Monitor Machine Series
MOST AFFORDABLE BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
The Dr. Trust Blood pressure monitor series is equipped with Atrial Fibrillation arrhythmia which is a major risk factor of cardiac attack.This machine is designed to specifically reduce the risk of getting a cardiac attack with regular monitoring at home. It comes with large size cuff, adapter, storage bag, four batteries to use and carry along during traveling. Its advance talking feature is a boon for those with weak eyesight.
- Dual Talking Feature (Hindi & English)
- Detects most accurate readings to avoid initial stage heart problems
- WHO indicator to alert irregular heartbeats
- Detects Atrial Fibrillation, tachycardia and premature contraction
- Has two power supply mode
- One large Pressure Cuff to fit all adults
- Arm Cuff Check Alert mode
- Great for elderly and beginners
- Accurate and Reliable
- Large LCD Display with Patented Zebra Lights
- Very Affordable – You can buy in discounted price on amazon.in
- Comes with adapter as well as batteries for power supply
- A digital thermometer comes free with the package
- Few users found variant reading in second or third attempt
- Only 1 year warranty
Buy Dr Trust USA Atrial Fibrillation Dual Talking Digital BP Monitor Machine Series
Buy on Amazon.in
7. QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
BEST WIRELESS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
The QardioArm Blood Pressure machine is head and shoulder above all the wireless blood pressure monitor category in the market today.Its Smaller, lighter, better for traveling, the cuffs are soft more flexible that serves as protective cover for itself. As it is a wireless blood pressure monitor the set up is extremely easy , YOu just have to connect it to your smartphone via free App. Works with Apple Watch or Android Wear (iOS 10.0 or later, Kindle, Android 5 or later, Android Wear and Apple Watch. Requires Bluetooth 4.0.and up).
- Stylish Smart design
- Very Portable and easy to use
- Paired with up to eight smart phones or tablets
- Qardio App is integrated with Apple & Samsung Health and supports Apple and Android Watch
- Clinically accurate readings
- Use on the go monitor
- Very light, portable
- Comes in varied colors
- The arm cuffs are very soft and comfortable
- Relaxation mode included
- No return policy
8. ADC Prosphyg Aneroid Sphygmomanometer with Adcuff Nylon Blood Pressure Cuff
BEST MANUAL BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
This is one of the most popular Aneroid sphygmomanometer or manual blood pressure monitoring device that includes an extra large adult cuff made of nylon that comes in various prints and colors. IT is crafted with Japanese-engineered manometer to the meticulously designed Adcuff inflation system. Its made out of high quality metal rugged metal and the analog gauge has undergone rigorous test for accuracy, gauge endurance, valve leaks, cuff-endurance, and more,
The BP air bulb is also made of good quality rubber which doesn’t make the user uncomfortable.
- Worth the Price
- High quality standard
- Chrome plate brass air release valve
- leakage proof when fully inflated
- Comes in Various colors
- Accurate and Precise Reading gauge
- High Quality construction
- Leatherette carrying case with durable nylon zipper
- Strong Built Cuff with lot of endurance
- 20-year calibration warranty and 3 years warranty on the inflation system and other parts.
- Available in six clinical cuff sizes
- Doesn’t include stethoscope
|Read more blogs on Health & Fitness|