The importance of clean air cannot be emphasized enough. Today’s situation where Coronavirus (COVID-19) has struck the entire world, it is important to take care of your surroundings and your family. Air purifiers tend to do just that by purifying the air around you and keeping your environment free from all the dust, impurities and harmful toxins. Whenever air purifiers are concerned, the devices with HEPA Filters are most common. HEPA Air purifiers do perform the most fundamental functions required by an air purifier, but there are other technologies as well that can be used to perform other kinds of purification. One such innovation is the air purifier with UV Light.
What is an Air Purifier wit UV Light?
– UV-C light is one of the types of Ultraviolet light that can be safely used to perform air purification and eliminate germs, viruses and many microorganisms.
– The air purifiers that use UV Light are made in such a way that it uses ultraviolet light of short-wave also called as UV-C light which is capable of removing airborne pathogens and even some microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses. They work towards the same goal as other air purifiers do, which is to remove the pollutants present in the air.
– Generally, an air purifier is made up of many layers of filtration system as it needs to cover all kinds of pollutants in the air. The most common combination of an air purifier filter is that of HEPA and UV light filters that cover both particulate pollutants as well as microorganism present in the air.
Working of an Air Purifier with UV Light
– An air purifier with UV-C Light filter inside has a similar working to any other air purifier that has some other filter.
– The air is allowed to pass through the purifier and there a small chamber inside the purifier that contains UV Light.
– When the harmful particles in the air are made to go through that chamber, they are destroyed by the UV Light.
– If you worry that UV Light is harmful to the surrounding, we would like to tell you that none of the UV Light is emitted in the environment and this light is also not visible to the eye.
What does an Air purifier with UV Light do?
The basic working behind the Ultraviolet light technology is that it attacks the core DNA of the airborne microorganisms and pollutants. Commonly, UV Light is responsible for destroying bacteria, viruses and other harmful germs. When combined with other types of filter, most commonly HEPA Filter, your air purifier will provide with all-round purification of the air as the air is also cleaned by the UV Light Filter.
Buying Guide for Air Purifiers with UV Light
It is always wise to do good research before you decide to buy any product. We are here to end your misery and tell you everything you need to know about buying a good Air Purifier with UV Light that will help you make a smart choice for you and your family.
Benefits of using Air Purifiers with UV Light
1. Keeping your room clean of pet hair and pollutants
The UV Light chambers inside the air purifier are capable of trapping the pet hair whereas dandruff can be subsequently dealt with an additional layer of HEPA Filter, thus keeping your room free from all the pet hair and dandruff.
2. Eliminate all kinds of odour
Most of the air purifiers, as mentioned earlier, are not built of a single layer of the filter. They are a combination of many layers of filters. The most common combination is that of UV Light Filter and Activated Carbon Filtration which also helps to remove all harmful gases and odour from the environment.
3. Sterilization of the room
UV Light Chamber inside an air purifier has the ability to destroy the harmful particles it traps and thus release purified air back to the environment making it safe for you and your family. It prevents these harmful particles to circulate back into the environment by any chance as it not just traps but destroys these microorganisms.
4. Suitable for maintaining healthy respiration
Due to all the aforementioned reasons, UV Light Air purifiers are recommended for people either already suffering from some respiratory disorder or just to remain healthy and free from any such ailments. It has the ability to remove molds from the air which poses a great threat to people with allergies and asthmatic patients as well.
You can also refer to our previous article on Best Air Purifier in India Review 2022 & Buying Guide for further details on how to choose an effective air purifier and better understand the benefits of using a device for purifying all harmful gases, toxins, germs, viruses and bacteria from your surrounding air.
Also taking into consideration the situation of a global pandemic, it is highly recommended to take all other necessary precautions like wearing a face mask and sanitizing your hands at regular intervals. Even though it is wise to follow all the precautions, you should stay steer clear of all the myths and unconfirmed notions of society. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has listed some of the myths that need to be cleared for the people to remain safe.
Things to Consider while Buying the Best Air Purifier with UV Light
We have mentioned some features that you should keep in mind while choosing the right air purifier with UV light for your home.
1. Size of the Purifier
Depending on the area that you want to cover, you can choose from different sizes of air purifier. If you want to cover a large area, it is advised that you invest in an air purifier that has a more coverage area. Purifiers come in small, medium and large sizes. Generally, a small air purifier can cover an area of 250 sq. ft. A medium and large purifier has the capacity of covering 375 and 750 sq. ft. Therefore, depending on the area of the room, you can choose a suitable size for the purifier.
2. CADR Rating
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is the rate at which the air is being cleaned out. It is recommended to choose an air purifier with a high value of CADR as it ensures low power consumption as well as a fast purification process. When the purification process is done at a higher speed, it is natural for the device to consume less energy thus making it energy efficient.
3. Ultraviolet Sterilization
In today’s scenario, people have started investing in an air purifier that provides ultraviolet sterilization. This is because of the reason that an ultraviolet chamber not just traps the air-borne germs and viruses but destroys them completely that leaves no chance of re-circulation back into the air. It uses UV-C Light that is a shortwave ultraviolet light that does not cause any serious harm to the environment as the device makes sure it is secure in a chamber.
4. Power Consumption
You should always choose a device that consumes as less power as possible and is energy efficient. One way to be sure of the power consumption of an air purifier is by identifying its CADR Value. A high value of CADR makes the purification process fast thus consume less power.
5. Filter Maintenance
Most air purifiers with UV Light will have a separate chamber in which UV light is emitted. This chamber might need some maintenance and a good air purifier with UV Light should have easy maintenance and replacement of its filters.
Our Picks of Best Air Purifier with UV light in India
|Name of the Brand||Model||Filter Type||Coverage Area||Power||Buy On|
|TruSens||Z-1000 Air Purifier||True HEPA, Carbon and UV sterilization||3 sizes : 750 sq. ft./ 375 sq. ft./250 sq. ft.||40 watts||Amazon.in
|ANSIO||5001||HEPA , Active Carbon Filter, UV Lamp||150 sq. ft. (desk, car, small rooms)||9 watts||Amazon.in|
|ZAAP||KH1114-679-S||HEPA Filter, Charcoal filters, UV-C Sanitizer||118 sq. ft.(desk, car, small rooms)||220-240V||Amazon.in
|Hindware||Moonbow AP-A8506UIA||UV Filter, HEPA, Ionizer, Pre-Filter, Activated Carbon||400 sq. ft||55 watts||Amazon.in
|Airspa||TMS 16||Alloy Washable ,Cold Catalyst, Activated carbon ,Anti-microbial ,HEPA, filter, UV Light||350 sq. ft||40 watts||Amazon.in
Best Budget Air Purifiers with UV Light in India Review
There are a lot of benefits of using an air purifier with UV light. Pets often leave hair and dandruff all around. If you have pets in your house, you would get what we are saying! The UV Light air purifiers are capable of filtering out pet hair in the air and another layer of HEPA Filter can eliminate dandruff. Most of the Air Purifiers with UV Light Sterilization come inbuilt with a layer of the activated carbon filter. Activated carbon filter has the capacity to trap harmful gases in the atmosphere thus eliminating odours from your room. Another great benefit of using an Ultraviolet light air purifier is that it has the ability to make your room free from any fungus which is often not visible to the eye. These molds or fungus are often a triggering factor for allergies and should be taken care of. Here, we have listed a few of the best Air Purifier with UV Light Sterilization for you to choose from according to your needs and requirements.
1. TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier | 360 HEPA Filtration with Dupont Filter | UV Light Sterilization
The very first air purifier in our list is TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier. This air purifier comes with a HEPA filtration system that allows the device to eliminate all harmful particles from the air. Another very unique feature of this product is that has Ultraviolet light sterilization that is able to destroy germs and virus that can stay on the filter and results in re-circulation of those hazardous particulates back into the air. Besides HEPA Filter and UV sterilization, this air purifier also consists of one additional layer of carbon pre-filter to ensure removal of harmful gases and odours from the air. It comes in three sizes: Small, Medium and Large so you can easily choose your device according to the area you want it to cover.
-Awarded for high design quality by Red Dot
– Provides 4 level of purification
– 360 degree DuPont, HEPA filter and UV sterilization
– UltraViolet sterilization destroys germs and viruses
– Easy to use simple touch controls
– Filter changing indicators
– Carry handle for easy potability
– Sizes available for large, medium and small rooms
- Uses PureDirect Technology which divides clean air into two streams
- Different levels of speed to control the speed of purification
- Effective laboratory tested UV Sterilization process
- Simple and User-Friendly Design
- Easy to Manage and Handle the device
- 2 Years Local Manufacturer Warranty
- No real-time indicator of air quality
- Does not show PM Levels to know the air quality index
Buy TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier
View on Amazon.in View on Flipkart
2. ANSIO Air Purifier HEPA Active Carbon Filter UV Lamp
Second, on our list is Ansio Air Purifier which is a multifunctional device. Its main function is that of an air purifier, that is, to purify the air in the environment making it clean for breathing. It has 6 stages of purification starting from a pre-filter to trap harmful gases and odours, HEPA filter to eliminate particulate matter in the air, Photo Catalytic Titanium dioxide filter, UV Purifier and finally an Ioniser. Another function of this device is that comes along with a mobile charger. It is designed in such a way that you can travel with this device in your car and it shall make the environment inside the car-free from all dust, smoke and other harmful gases, toxins, germs and viruses. It also contains another striking feature, Aroma Pad, that imparts fresh fragrance along with the clean air making your surrounding smell fresh and refreshing.
– HEPA Active Carbon Filter with UV Lamp
– Reduces Vehicle exhaust, Smoke, Dust, Allergens, etc
– 6 Stage air purification process
– Smart mode operation for automatic detection of air quality
– Aroma pad for enhancing air quality by removing any odour
- Great Filtration System with many layers
- Multipurpose device
- Easily portable and manageable
- 2 years of warranty
- Aroma pad for fragrance in the air
- Smart mode available to adjust speed according to the air quality
- Includes USB mobile charger for portability
- Can be used in cars, office or anywhere
- The cable provided with the device has a short length
- No notification for filter replacement
- Home adapter to be bought separately
Buy ANSIO Air Purifier HEPA Active Carbon Filter UV Lamp
View on Amazon.in
3. ZAAP(USA) Air Purifier with HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer
This next device, ZAAP Air Purifier with HEPA Filter and UV-C Sanitizer, is also a multipurpose device that can be used for an all-round purification of your room. It is 0.3-micron air purifier that means it can trap particles as small as the said size. It is made up of HEPA Filters to eliminate the particulate matter; the next layer is of Charcoal filter which is used to remove harmful gases and toxins from the atmosphere. Finally, there is a layer of Ultraviolet chamber which emits UV-C Light that is capable of destroying any airborne germs, viruses, etc. Another great feature of this device is that it comes with an ion booster that increases the rate of release of negative ions that purify the surroundings. It also provides different speed levels to control the fan speed of the device. The size of the air purifier is compact is suitable for small rooms covering approximately 118 square feet. It achieves 99.97% efficiency during entrapment of the harmful particles to keep the air clean.
– 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter, charcoal filter and UV-C light sterilization
– Effective on 99.97% of dust, allergens, pet dander, smoking, cooking odours and plant pollen
– UV-C light technology kills airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores
– lightweight and portable
– Ideal for both small to medium rooms
– Easy to use controls with 3 speeds
– Simple Ergonomic design
– Ionizer Booster for Extra Freshness
- High CADR Rating
- Low Power Consumption
- One Year Warranty with good aftersale Service
- Filter replacement notification
- Portable and can be easily managed
- No Air Quality Indicator
- Filter is subject to availability for replacement
BuyZAAP(USA) Air Purifier with HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer
View on Amazon.in
4. Moonbow by Hindware Air Purifier with UV light
This air purifier by the brand Hindware is a HEPA filter purifier with UV light is suitable for bedroom and medium size living room. It is equipped with advanced 5 stage filtration process including the Pre-Filter that captures large household dirt, hair strands, etc then the true HEPA filter that removes all microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns like pollens, smoke, etc. The active carbon filter makes sure the air is free of all odour, smell and harmful gases. Apart from these, the UV lamp eliminates all germs, viruses and bacteria thus ensuring complete air sterilization. Finally, the refreshing energizers give you the freshest air inside your home.
– Suitable for a 400 sq ft or a Medium size room
– 5 stage advance filtration process
– Works on UV Filter, HEPA, Ionizer, Pre-Filter, Activated Carbon
– Eliminates up to 99.9% pollutants from the air
– Filter Replacement Indicator
– Clean Air Delivery Rate of 215 m3/hr
- Portable and light weight
- 3 fan speed options
- 1 year warranty
- Very low noise
- Works very well
- A little expensive than other models and brands
Buy Moonbow by Hindware Air Purifier with UV light
View on Amazon.in View on Flipkart
5. Airspa With Device Tms 16 Hepa Air Purifier with Unique 7 Stage Filtration + Remote Control
Airspa TMS 16 air purifier with UV light provides 7 layers of filtration process that cleans indoor air by keeping it free from all types of pollutants and microbes. Additionally, its UV light works independently from the other filters to neutralize micro-organisms and efficiently converts pathogens or molds into harmless by-products. It’s 6 filter includes alloy washable filter that stops heavy particle slike hair strands, dust the cold catalyst filter gets rid of harmful gases, the activated carbon filter takes care of odours, harmful gases or cigarette smokes. The anti micro filter efficiently captures microns in the air and lastly, the advance HEPA filter traps all pollutants if the size of 0.3 microns or any microscopic allergens, bacteria or dirt. Lastly, the negative ionizer helps to give the most natural air that is great for your overall health.
– Suitable for 350 sq ft or medium size room
– Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) at 180M³/hr
– 7 stage filtration system with UV sterilization light
– Easy to use Digital display Remote control
– Includes Sleep mode, Wind speed adjustment and Timer mode
- Contains odour sensor
- Easy to use
- Durable and reliable
- Reduces dust and odor within few minutes
- Breathing becomes better
- No downside noted yet
Buy Airspa With Device Tms 16 Hepa Air Purifier with Unique 7 Stage Filtration
View on Amazon.in View on Flipkart
Best Air Purifier with UV Light in India 2022 – Conclusion
The ultraviolet light that is used in air purifiers is UV-C Light which is a shortwave type of radiation that cannot be seen by the naked eye. It is capable of destroying cells, and this makes it possible for the purifier to destroy air-borne impurities and perform the purification process. In today’s scenario, the rate of pollution is increasing exponentially and it is very important to keep the air in your surrounding free from all sorts of pollution. Another main feature of UV Light Air purifiers is that it can eliminate molds from the air which are very harmful, especially for people prone to allergies. In this buying guide, we have mentioned all factors and benefits that you should consider while choosing an air purifier for you and your family’s safety and health. You can also check out our article on Best Air Purifier in India 2022, Review & Buying Guide for more detailed information about air purifiers, its working and other striking features.
Also, see more Air Purifier on Amazon
|Check More Related Reviews on Home Products
– Water Purifier Buying Guide
– Best Water Purifier in India
– Best Touchless Hand Sanitizer Dispensers in India
– Best Pulse Oximeter in India
– Best Air Purifier in India
– Best Vegetable and Fruit Purifier