With the onset of summers, what eventually comes into our minds is a fresh cold glass of water to quench our thirst when the sun bombards its fire, increasing the temperature up to 45-degree celsius. We start worrying about the food items, which easily remain fresh in the winters will get contaminated in the summers at room temperature. That is when one of the most popular kitchen appliances like a refrigerator strikes our mind. We know how essential is a fridge; it has become an integral part of everyone’s lives. Some people prefer a refrigerator even for their bedrooms or their car. There are numerous types of fridges like a single door for small families, a double door refrigerator for someone who is a busy bee, and wants to store extra food for an entire week. Here in this blog, I’m going to talk about one of the most spacious fridges of all time, the Side by Side refrigerator in India 2020.
And to make it easier for you guys, I have also done a proper research on the features and criteria which would help you decide which one would be the best for your home or office needs, so check out the buying guide below as well.
Review of the Top Side by Side Refrigerators in India 2020
I have chosen some of the most popular brands that manufacturers Side by Side refrigerators with great quality, performance, appearance, exceptional features, and that are affordable too. Have a look
1. Haier 565 L Inverter Frost-Free Side-By-Side Refrigerator
One of the most popular home appliance brand Haier has manufactured the 565 L side by side refrigerator that is Frost Free with auto-defrost function to prevent ice build-up. It’s great for large families. The freezer capacity is 218 L, and the food storage capacity is for 347 L. The digital inverter compressor technology makes it noise-free, durable, and energy-efficient.
Warranty – 1 year on product & 10 years on compressor
Other Color variants –
– Highly durable & high-performance refrigerator
– Includes Vegetable crispers & chiller compartments
– Auto fridge defrost to stop ice-build up
– Balanced Fridge-freezer Ratio
– Slim and elegant design
– LED display panel, fan motor, and toughened-glass shelves
– Hi-tech sensors to detect temperature
– Includes Ten shelves and four drawers at the bottom
- Great build quality & external finish
- Consumes just about 0.98 units/day
- Includes holiday function
- One-Touch LED controls
- Superb cooling performance
- Adjustable shelves to store all vessel sizes
- Large space required to store the fridge
2. LG 687 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
This one is a giant side by side refrigerator by LG in 67 L capacity. The LG fridge comes with all the latest Cooling and technology, convenient storage, great style, and freshness. Even the fridge bottom gives convenient storage space providing instant access to your favorite foods. It has some unique features like a multi-digital sensor that helps to maintain the temperature consistently by monitoring the external and internal temperature. Another smart and innovative feature is the Smart ThinQ Function that lets you control the refrigerator using your smartphone even when you are not at home.
– Linear inverter compressor that saves 51% energy
– 5-Step anti-bacterial deodorization
– Multi digital sensors monitor for consistent temperature
– Smart ThinQ lets you control your fridge with smartphone
– Multiple cooling air vents
– Looks classy and beautiful color option
- Works silently
- Simple installation
- Large storage capacity
- Very User-friendly
- Large space required to keep it
- Not that great customer service
3. AmazonBasics 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
This side by side refrigerator from the brand Amazon is one of the most affordable budget-friendly side by side refrigerator. The storage capacity is 564 L ideal for a family of 5 or more. It comes with a water dispenser, and the auto Defrost technology prevents excess ice build up automatically. The aesthetic design and black color make it so attractive and unique. It comes with an A+ energy savings rating making it easy on your pocket. I would call it a middle man’s luxury.
– Comes with Auto Defrost technology
– Multi airflow system ensures uniform Cooling
– In-built LED Display Panel for easy control access
– Equipped with quick freeze feature that turns water into ice instantly
– Additional features like child lock and door open alarm
- Water dispenser works flawlessly
- Very reasonable than other brands
- Mirror shiny & gorgeous outer body
- Good and sturdy built
- Ample storage space
- Customer service can improve
Buy AmazonBasics 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerato
View on Amazon.in
4. BPL 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
Another affordable side by side fridge model is BPL 564 L Refrigerator is great for large families. It’s Auto defrosts feature halts ice-build up and it comes with an external cold water dispenser. The in-built LED touch panel and helps in accessing and controlling temperature settings conveniently. The contemporary design makes the usage easy with its pull out drawers for extra storage.
Warranty – 1 year on product & 5 years on compressor
Other variants –
Capacity 690 Liter
– Balanced ratio of 35% freezer & 65% refrigerator
– Easy to clean Tempered Glass Shelves
– Quick cool technology
– External Control Display with LED/LCD
– Super Silent Operation
- Makes ice very fast
- Very quiet, noiseless working
- Water dispenser works great
- 3-star energy rating consuming 1.10 unit power per day
- Very affordable than other brands
- Poor customer service
5. Panasonic 584 L Frost-Free Side-By-Side Refrigerator
The Panasonic 584L side by side refrigerator comes with a double vegetable box with two compartments of 23 L and 12 L that let you store your veggies spaciously. The Quick Cooling Mode is the best option to reserve food during summers as it takes down the temperature to -5 degree in minutes. Another smart feature is Quick Freeze Mode, Surround Cooling Airflow, Triple Twist Ice Tray, and energy-saving LED lighting that makes this fridge very user-friendly.
Warranty – 1 year on product & 5 years on compressor
Other variants –
Stainless steel color
– Surround Cooling Airflow system
– Includes vacation mode
– Quick freeze and quick cooling modes
– Toughened glass shelves
– Added features like child lock, twisted ice tray
– Energy-efficient Fridge
– Easy to control the temperature
- Storage Capacity is pretty good
- Vacation mode option is very convenient
- Dark grey color is very elegant
- Quick cool function works great
- The freezer compartment is at the bottom, so we need to bend
6. Samsung 700 L Inverter Frost-Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
The Samsung side by side refrigerator with 700 L storage capacity comes in sleek, compact, matta finish yet very spacious. Spacemax Technology creates more space inside the fridge. It is an energy-saving fridge due to its Digital Inverter Technology that automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand across seven levels. The fridge has a noiseless operation, which makes it so comfortable to use.
Warranty – 1 year on product & 10 years on compressor
Other variants –
Black Matt color
– Elegant, sleek & seamless design
– All-around Cooling system
– Built-in natural fiber Deodorizing Filter
– Digital Inverter Compressor saves power
– Unique SpaceMax Technology for greater storage space
– Power Freeze feature gives faster Cooling and freezes ice quickly
- Design is exceptionally amazing
- Doesn’t look excessively huge
- Surplus Space for a big family of 6 to 8
- Long-lasting freshness for food
- Doesn’t include water dispenser or egg compartment
Buying Guide for the Best Side by Side Refrigerator in India 2020
What do you mean by a “Side-by-Side” Refrigerator?
The side by side refrigerator is one of the finest and latest versions of refrigerators, which consists of a freezer and refrigerator side by side instead of the traditional format where the freezer compartment is present at the top and storage at the bottom or vice versa. These are the most expensive models and therefore consists of the latest technologies. It looks great and very stylish. Besides, it is the most convenient among all the refrigerators. Now with time, people are more interested in buying a side by side refrigerators instead of traditional ones where either the freezer is present at the top or the bottom.
Moreover, the new split design from top to bottom and the narrow doors opening on both sides make this fridge so much classy and add decor to your kitchen and home. Many people prefer this type of fridge just because it looks more modern and sophisticated. But, just looks and outer appearance can never be the sole criteria when you go to purchase any necessary home appliances. Let’s go through at our Complete Buying Guide of these refrigerator models on how to choose them, Also see the side by side refrigerators review of top models in India.
Pros & Cons of a Side by Side Refrigerator
Benefits of Side by Side Fridge
– Side by side refrigerator is suitable for a larger family of five or more. Even great for commercial use or to define luxury.
– Items that are commonly used can be found at eye level and in a more convenient manner.
They also save space and, at the time, provide you extra features than the single door and double door refrigerators.
– Freezer present on the side helps you locate anything quickly and not required to dig into the drawer to find out stuff as in cases where the freezer is present at the bottom in some models.
– Toughened glass shelves are current hat can withstand heavyweights.
– These energy-efficient refrigerators have top or bottom mounted freezers and are quite spacious.
– One of the most popular benefits of this type of refrigerator is that cold water and ice can are easily accessible without opening the door by water dispenser. This is the most exceptional facility provided by side by side refrigerators and the most important reason for the people preferring this.
– The doors are comparatively narrow and half of the total width of the refrigerator. This way, the doors do not swing and protrude into the walking space like Single door Refrigerators.
– Freezers can be easily accessed without opening doors, thus saving electricity.
– It provides more and more space to retain the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
– Shelves can be rearranged or can be removed too to increase the capacity to store bigger items.
– Side by Side Refrigerators is always frost-free.
– It provides equal space to freezers as a fridge. So you can keep more frozen things.
Drawbacks of Side by Side Fridge
– It’s not ideal for a small home or family as it takes a lot of foot space.
– It is costly than other models of refrigerators but worth the price.
– High maintenance cost for water and ice dispensers.
– The most important criteria are that the area where the fridge is to be placed should be plumbed with water.
– The Filters require maintenance and may need to be changed after some time, and the water lines need to be repaired from time to time as and when required.
Difference Between Side by Side Refrigerators Vs French Door Refrigerators
Side by Side Refrigerator Features
1. Cooling system
Mostly all side by side refrigerators comes with quick Cooling and quick Freeze technology that brings down the temperatures in just a few minutes. The multi cooling system present in this refrigerator is independent, which allows the flowing of air in all the compartments of the fridge and the freezer, thereby maintaining the freshness of food.
2. Freezer Section
Different food items need different optimum temperatures to be preserved. Its freezer compartment has few sections like freezer, soft freezing, chill freezing, and cool, all set at different temperatures.
3. Chef Cooling technology
Precise chef cooling technology is present in these refrigerators, which keeps the temperature fluctuations under +- 0.5-Degree Celsius by sensing the changes, if any, in the temperature and therefore directing the compressor.
4. Inbuilt Bars
Few models have inbuilt bars that keep your alcohol, or the drinks chilled at the desired level.
5. Inbuilt Water & Ice dispenser
Most of the side by side refrigerators models have an inbuilt water & ice dispenser located at the front that lets you access to ice and water without opening the fridge door.
6. Inverter Compressor
Digital Inverter compressor is another key feature that makes the required cooling adjustments maintaining the food items fresh. It automatically senses the temperature changes and accordingly adjusts the speed of the compressor and thus saves the wastage of energy. You don’t need a voltage stabilizer as this feature extends the life of the refrigerator.
7. Life Span & Warranty
Their average life span is about 10 to 12 years as these home appliances pass a stringent quality check and come with a one-year product warranty and 5 to 10 years compressor warranty.
8. Energy Efficient
Most of the Side by Side Refrigerators are energy efficient that consume less than one unit of power in a day.
Things to consider before buying a Side by Side Refrigerator in India 2020
Buying a refrigerator is not something you do every day or every month, or I would say not even every year. So before stepping out to purchase this costly appliance, there are a lot of factors you should consider.
1. Size & Dimensions
Not all side by side refrigerators are wide, but some are narrow also. You must choose the refrigerator models according to the area in your house where you plan to place the refrigerator.
This factor is necessary to be considered before going for this refrigerator. Some renowned companies offer noiseless standard refrigerators, so the appliance should be selected, which is the quietest of all.
Also, check for the freezer capacity in a side by side refrigerator as a huge freezer requirement is good for non- vegetarians or for people who prefer frozen food because of their busy schedule.
4. Energy Saving / Start Rating
Look for the refrigerator, which is labeled with good energy stars. A refrigerator is one of the appliances in your home that uses the largest energy. An old refrigerator model uses twice as much as the latest ones. A good number of energy stars lead to the reduction of carbon release also.
5. Cool Pack
Cool pack makes the freezer to remain cool for about 10 to 12 hours, even after the power cut. This feature is most suitable and should be considered by the people living in the areas where there are frequent power cuts.
6. In-built Voltage Stabilizer
Again this feature is necessary to be considered by the people residing in the areas where there are voltage fluctuations on a regular basis. This way, an In-built stabilizer protects the compressor.
Deodoriser ensures there is no foul smell that comes out every time you open the fridge by removing the odor with the use of powerful filters.
8. Family Size
Always choose a refrigerator model according to your family size. Side by side fridge is ideal for large families of five or more, so why waste your money instead of a small or medium-size family you can go for a double door refrigerator also.
9. Extra features
These features include adjustable shelves that can be arranged and adjusted according to the desired space for keeping longer items. The drawers should have their specific temperature like fish requires a specific temperature to be preserved; in the same way, other edible items have their specific temperature.
Best Side by Side Refrigerator in India 2020 – Conclusion
I have listed all the top Models and the Best Side by Side Refrigerators in India with their features, benefits, and drawbacks so you can choose the best fridge that is most efficient, great performing, and comes with smart functionalities. I have selected the side by side refrigerators under 50,000, some of which are even lesser-priced with exchange offers. In case you feel you need a more detailed review of any of the models, please ask me through the comment section below. I would be happy to research for my readers.