- Top 9 Double Door Refrigerator in India
- 1. LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 2. Samsung 394 L Frost Free Convertible Double Door Refrigerator
- 3. Godrej Double Door Refrigerator
- 4. Haier 320 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 5. Whirlpool 340 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator
- 6. Haier 345l Bottom Mount Double Door Refrigerator
- 7. Godrej 311 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 8. Whirlpool 292 L Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 9. Bosch Series 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Double Door Refrigerator Buying guide
- What is a double door refrigerator
- Why you should buy a Double Door Refrigerator?
- Tips to buy the Best Double Door Refrigerator
- Advantage & Disadvantage of Double Door Refrigerator
- Best Double Door Refrigerator In India – Conclusion
We all have to agree to this point that the invention of a fridge is a boom to our society and a blessing for people. With years of research and technology advancement now, there are better versions of the fridge available in the market like compact or mini-fridge, single door fridge, triple door fridge, side by side fridge, fridge for just storing beverages, and last but not least, we are here to talk about the best double door refrigerator in India.
Refrigerators are used to store food and other edible items which are perishable and can decay if not kept under low temperature to avoid or slow down bacterial activities. Along with all these benefits, the refrigerator also provides cold water to quench your thirst. The temperature maintained inside the fridge is -18 degrees Celsius or 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Nowadays, with a so much busy schedule, people are drained out, and at the end of the day, they want to have good food that is readily available and rest. Keeping in mind their schedule and healthy diet, a refrigerator helps a lot by storing fruits, vegetables, milk, and other healthy drinks that are accessible to us at any time. There was a time in India when refrigerators were meant only for wealthy people, but today this has become a necessary appliance, and your kitchen is incomplete without it. It has become a highly affordable home appliance.
You all must have already gone through my previous blog, where I have given a brief description of single door refrigerators. The blog was about the traditional freezer or fridge, which was the first version of itself when launched. Here, in this blog, we will travel some years ahead from the launch year and discuss the next version of refrigerators, Which is the Double Door Refrigerators. Before you get into the list of best double door refrigerators in India, it’s essential to go through the buying guide that will help you select the right one for your home.
Top 9 Double Door Refrigerator in India
Here is a detailed review of some of the best picked Double Door refrigerators in India available online that will enhance your home and kitchen experience.
1. LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
The LG 3 Star Frost Free smart double door refrigerator is an excellent choice for your kitchen with its quality performance and powerful features. The fridge has an inverter compressor that makes it energy efficient, and its shiny steel grey body makes it a decent purchase for every home. The unique auto smart connect feature keeps the fridge connected to a home inverter. Another awesome feature is that it can run on solar energy by connecting a DC to AC converter.
– Frost Free technology
– Multi airflow cooling
– Ice beam door cooling
– Unique top LED for better brightness
– Capacity – 260 L
– 4 Star Energy Rating
– The efficient compressor that saves up to 48% energy
– 1-year warranty on product and nine years on compressor
– Moist Balance Crisper
- Longer freshness retention
- Less noisy
- Works on home inverter
- 2 liter bottle storage
- Value for money
- Great discounted price online
- Few customers noted water leakage, but the issue was solvable
- Freezer compartment doesn’t offer light
2. Samsung 394 L Frost Free Convertible Double Door Refrigerator
The Samsung convertible double door refrigerator with a capacity of 394 liters is a spacious fridge suitable for medium to large families. It’s popular due to its innovative technology. The five convertible modes, including vacation, home alone, seasonal, regular, and extra fridge mode that allows you to convert the freezer into a fridge during your special occasions. These modes help a lot to cut down on power consumption.
– 5 Convertible modes
– Recessed handles and hidden hinges for a modern look
– LED display & touch panel
– Coolpack feature that keeps food frozen for 12 hours in power outrage
– Built-in natural fiber Deodorizing Filter
– Automatic Digital Inverter Technology
– 10-year warranty on the compressor
- Saves a lot of electricity
- Amazing Conversion modes
- Quiet, durable shelves
- Sufficient Big bottles space
- Automatic ice defrosting
- Door alert alarm
- A little expensive
3. Godrej Double Door Refrigerator
The 3-star energy rating Double door refrigerator by Godrej offers some unique features that make it the most elegant, efficient choice for your home. It comes with a large storage capacity of 311 Liters with removable racks and space to easily accommodate a large bottle of 2.25 liters. The vegetable tray provides extra space to store fruits and vegetables properly. A unique polybag suspenders allow hanging frozen food polybags, making them look more organized.
– Auto defrost to stop ice-build up
– Built-in air vents which ensure all-round cooling
– Child door lock to prevent unnecessary opening
– Bright and power-efficient LED light
– Toughened glass shelf
– 1-year warranty on product & 10 years on compressor
- Large vegetable & chiller tray
- Excellent cooling
- Sturdy built and durable
- Keeps food fresh
- Digital Temperature control settings
- Very reasonable than other brands
- Customer service not satisfactory
4. Haier 320 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Haier is world’s leading appliance manufacturer and this 3 star bottom mounted refrigerator by Haier takes care of your back by reducing bending up to 90% with its intelligent design. Its a frost free double door refrigerator with freezer in the bottom with one hour icing technology that creates ice in less than 60 minutes.
– 3-star energy rating
– Bottom Mounted Refrigerator
– Capacity: 320 Litres
– Cooling Technology Refrigerator
– Toughened Glass shelves
– 2 Times Bigger Crisper
– 360-degree cooling technology
- 86 liter of freezer space
- Brighter LED light
- Keeps vegetables fresh and crispy
- Fast cooling & defrost technology
- Value for money
- No downside noted yet
5. Whirlpool 340 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator
Te Whirlpool 4 star Double door refrigerator with three intelligent sensors & AI Microprocessors gives log lasting freshness to fruits and vegetables. Designed to give you long-lasting freshness. The inverter technology adapts the cooling as per the load of the refrigerator, thereby reducing power consumption. It is built with smart five convertible modes like dessert mode, chef mode, all-season mode, party mode, and deep freezer mode. The fridge maintains the food freshness up to 15 days even in case of a power cut as it gets Auto-connected to >=2.5 KVA home inverter.
– Three intelligent sensor- weather, load & usage pattern
– Capacity – 340 liters
– Frost-free refrigerator
– Freezer with 5- IN-1 convertible Modes
– Vegetable Crisper with Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology
– Unique anti-microbial technology prevents 99% bacterial growth
- Available in non-convertible mode with lesser price
- Value for money
- Build quality is excellent
- Amazing features
- Saves a lot of electricity
- Service not up to the mark
6. Haier 345l Bottom Mount Double Door Refrigerator
This is another bottom-mounted double door refrigerator by Haier that comes with 8 Convertible modes to store your food in the most precise and organized manner. The capacity of this fridge is 276 liters and is available with more capacity choices. It has Two energy-saving modes that save up to 15% energy in mode one and up to 30% energy in convertible mode. The Twin Inverter Technology of this refrigerator helps run both the fan motor and compressor at Inverter. The product comes with more advanced features with ten years of warranty on the compressor and motor.
– Toughened glass shelves
– 8-In-1 convertible modes
– 4-star energy rating
– Bottom mounted freezer
– Frost Free refrigerator
– Twin energy-saving modes
– Cool pad shelf prevents food from spoilage during a power cut
- Good after-sale service
- Value for money
- Works efficiently
- The freezer convertible mode is highly appreciating
- Very spacious and great features
- Few customers noted a light sound during the night
7. Godrej 311 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
Godrej 311 liter refrigerators comes with 4-star energy rating and frost-free technology to stop ice-build up.
the built-in air vents ensure all-round cooling. The capacity is 311 Litres that can store a lot of food in an organized manner. The fridge has a 2.5 L Bottle Shelf and a Large Vegetable Tray. Intelligent Inverter Compressor gives a stable and impressive performance.
– Top-mounted refrigerator
– 4-star energy rating
– Toughened glass shelves
– Suitable for families with 3-4
– Built-in air vents
– 10-year compressor warranty
- Good quality compressor
- Hassle-free fridge
- Long-Lasting & Durable
- Power saving appliance
- Storage capacity is less compared to the size of the refrigerator
8. Whirlpool 292 L Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
Another color variant by Whirlpool 4 star energy rated Double door refrigerator is pretty awesome looking. It is also equipped with a 6th intelligent sensor with AI Microprocessor that sets the coolness according to the weather, load, and usage pattern. It maintains the food freshness up to 15 days with its advanced Zeolite technology, Microblock technology, and FreshFlow AirTower with Flexi Vents. Overall a great purchase.
– Reduces energy consumption
– Consistent cooling by auto-connect to home inverter
– Vegetable Crisper with Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology retains moisture level
– Five convertible freezer modes
– 1-year warranty on product and one year on compressor
– Impressive look and color
- Beautiful sleek design
- Great storage capacity
- Excellent brand performance and after-sale service
- Silent operation
- No downside noted yet
9. Bosch Series 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
The 3-star Double door refrigerator by Bosch is an accentuated, modern, sleek bottom freezer refrigerator with VarioInverter that uses lower power consumption. The Black Glass door finish with Premium Touch Electronic control makes it a perfect choice for your modern kitchen or home. The LED illumination in the fridge with “soft start” separate the temperature controls for Fridge and Freezer. It has an Alarm system to alert the prolonged opening of refrigerator doors. A unique, sleek, beautiful, and smart purchase for your home.
– Efficient cooling with lower energy consumption
– Large capacity – 559 liter
– Vitafresh Plus technology keeps fruits and vegetables fresh
– Premium Touch Electronic Panel
– Accentuated with modern, sleek Black glass doors
– Flexible storing space
– Ten years warranty
- Back Wheels for easy positioning and handling
- Very good looking and sleek design
- Flexible reversible door hinge for easy installation
- Very spacious and premium looking
- Very silent operation
- Great after-sale service
- A little expensive than other brands
Double Door Refrigerator Buying guide
What is a double door refrigerator
Double door refrigerator has come with a long way of research, failure, and innovation that is a more cost-effective choice for your home. Double-door fridges were invented for greater energy efficiency by preserving the coolness inside the Freezer and refrigerator, plus they are a better organized and elegant looking home appliance.
They allow you to access any frozen food without touching the main storage compartment of the fridge, unlike a single door refrigerator that has both the section together. It is highly durable and keeps the food fresh for a more extended period. This fridge is great for a family of 4 to 6 members as it is large, having a lot of space inside. This size of a refrigerator can easily cater to all the daily needs.
Why you should buy a Double Door Refrigerator?
Here are a few smart features that make a double door refrigerator quite accessible and an excellent choice for your home.
1. Two convertible storage shelves
The name Double door refrigerator itself suggests that it has got two doors. Both the doors are present up and below, which gives a separate storing option making it a better-organized choice for your food. Also, some advance double door refrigerators have a convertible feature that allows you to convert the freezer zone to a regular shelf in case you have more veggies to store for your party.
2. Energy Saver
It is very energy efficient. While consuming less power, it provides all the required services.
Highly Durable – The shelves of this appliance are built of toughened glass, which is not easily breakable.
3. Digital smart inverter compressor
The double door fridge comes with a digital inverter compressor that is highly energy-efficient and saves a lot of power than a single door fridge, plus they make it less noisy too.
4. Better Freshness
The anti-bacterial gasket is present to prohibit the entry and further build-up of microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and molds. Another essential feature is the moist balance crisper, which prevents the increase in moisture content inside the vegetable box to maintain the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
5. In-built stabilizer
In India, where power outrage and voltage fluctuation are a regular thing, an inbuilt stabilizer that comes in most of the double door refrigerator saves it from getting damaged and ensures hurdle less operation.
Easier to clean -The frost-free technology in double door refrigerators allows easy cleaning, particularly the freezer, unlike a single door that has to get cleaned manually with regular defrosting.
Tips to buy the Best Double Door Refrigerator
Capacity is the foremost thing you should consider before buying any double door refrigerator. Different models possess different capacities. That ranges from 230 liters to 550 liters. It would be best if you chose the model depending on the size of your family. the ideal size as per the family size should is:
– 0-80L – high for Bachelors or as mini-fridge
– 80-240L suitable for Couples or Small families
– 240-400L: perfect for a family of 4 to 6
– 400L and Above is high for Large Families
2. Bee Start Rating
Bee star rating is another important feature as it indicates how much energy-efficient the appliance is. It numbers from 1 to 5-star rating. A 5-star rating indicates the highest energy efficiency, while the 1-star rating indicates less energy efficiency. The price of the appliance goes on increasing with the increase in the number of stars. Appliances with less than a 3-star rating are never recommended.
3. Inverter Compressor
In comparison to the traditional refrigerators, the appliance with inverter compressor technology which is considered an advanced technology because it saves 20 to 30% energy. At first, the appliance will seem to you highly costly, but you will end up saving your electricity bill.
4. Two Types of Double Door Refrigerator choice
Double door refrigerator comes in two smart designs to choose from: A top-freezer and a bottom freezer. The fridge, which consists of a freezer at the bottom, is most comfortable because frozen items or ice is not something you require all the time.
In Top-freezer models, you have to bend by your back a little every time you open the fridge to take out something. So choose accordingly, but mostly for the people with backaches, I would recommend going for a bottom freezer design.
Warranty is one of the essential points you should consider before going for any of the refrigerators. The number of years of warranty, more reliable the product is.
6. Low Noise
It’s better to choose a refrigerator that is less noisy as its annoying if it creates noise all the time as we can’t switch it off.
7. Security features
A fridge with a child lock to avoid any unwanted incidents will be an added advantage when you have kids at home. Also, few security features like voltage regulators will always save the fridge during voltage fluctuation.
8. Automatic temperature control option
Some advanced models come with automatic temperature control or cooling options that maintain a constant temperature, so you don’t have to select the right temperature according to the weather manually.
Advantage & Disadvantage of Double Door Refrigerator
Advantages of Door Door Refrigerator
- Shelves and compartments are bigger, so big bottles of beverages or any drink and large utensils can be easily accommodated.
- There are separate doors for the fridge and freezer so you can open the Freezer without opening the whole refrigerator. This way, the temperature of the fridge is maintained, and energy is saved.
- There are varieties of shelves installed in it. These can be easily rearranged according to the desired space.
- The freezer chamber is larger as compared to the single door refrigerator.
- It is available with frost-free technology where there is an auto-clean system. You don’t need to clean the ice yourself.
- With the bottom freezer option, you get all your stuff in the fridge at your eye level and need not bend all the time to take out something as done in the case of single door refrigerators.
- Cooling technology is remarkably enhanced, and not direct cooling is there that creates ice crystals everywhere.
- It is based on vents where there is an electric fan at the back which distributes the cold air throughout the fridge.
Disadvantages of Double Door Refrigerator
- These refrigerators are large, so occupy an ample foot space in your home.
- It is not suitable for a small family of 2 or 3 members because the size it is made of is useless for less number of people.
- It is quite expensive than other refrigerators.
- Some advanced models require high power consumption.
Best Double Door Refrigerator In India – Conclusion
I have covered all the relevant information along with the buying guide for Double door refrigerators and all these above-mentioned products are some of the latest, most reviewed, with advanced features and technology that would suit all types pf family from small to large. If you are looking for buying a new refrigerator for your home please do check out one of these products before your big purchase. I hope the blog will help you choose the right refrigerator model for your home. In case you have any queries or suggestions, please write to me in the comment section below.