As discussed in my previous blog that mentioned the ultimate guide to help you buy the best breast pumps in India and the best electrical breast pump brands in India, now lets give an insight on the Manual Breast Pumps for Everyday Use. Investing in a breast pump can prove to be a boon for mothers for whom sometimes feeding isn’t possible as you are a busy mom and traveling for your work and just following a strict work schedule or don’t have any energy initially after delivery to administer the milk due to few medical issues.
There are so many types of breast pumps available in the market these days that can help you pump your breast milk. These breast pumps are a great way to avoid giving formula milk to the baby, but here in this blog, we are going to specifically talk about the most well-rated Manual breast pump for everyday use without any harm or discomfort.
Before we get into reviewing the best manual beats pumps available in India that you can buy online, it is always better that you know how to use manual breast pumps with its advantage and disadvantages.
- How to use Manual Breast Pump for everyday use ?
- Few Tips for Good milk flow
- Advantages & Disadvantages of using a Manual Breast Pump
- List of the Best Manual Breast Pumps in India for everyday use
- Best Manual Breast Pumps Review 2021
- 1. Trumom PPSU Gold Manual Advanced Breast Pump
- 2. Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump with Tooth Tissues
- 3. NUK Expressive Manual Breast Pump
- 4. Chicco Manual Breast Pump
- 5. Philips Avent Breast Pumps
- 6. Pigeon Manual Breast Pump
- Best Manual Breast Pumps in India 2021 – Conclusion
How to use Manual Breast Pump for everyday use ?
Manual breast pumps are a convenient and straightforward device to help you pump milk occasionally. It’s suitable for stay at home moms to get them relief from breastfeeding if they are in any discomfort or pain or are not available once in a while. It’s possible for a few mothers that they are not able to express through manual breast pumps as its time consuming requires patience, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rely on other types of breast pumps like an electrical pump which is always the best choice for women who want to save time and have time constraints like working moms.
Switching to a manual breast pump will give you some benefits like its easy to operate, and your ability to control the suction rate yourself that is more comfortable for a few women. Follow these steps to use a manual breast pump properly:
Step 1 – wash and sanitize your hands
Step 2 – Put yourself in a most comfortable position where you are relaxed without any distractions.
Step 3 – You can give a massage to your breast and do hand expressing in a pumping motion that will stimulate the milk flow.
Step 4 – Place the breast shield of the pump inside the nipple where they should go inside and fit the shield.
Step 5 – Initiate the pumping process by imitating the baby’s sucking cycle by squeezing the lever by your hand.
Step 6 – Find your appropriate and comfortable suction level by moving around the handle.
Step 7 – Continue pumping until your flow decreases.
Step 8 – Gently remove the suction shield with your finger that will break the vacuum seal.
Step 9 – Repeat the process on your other breast
Step 10 – Wash all the breast pump parts after each use with soapy water and pat dry before storing.
Few Tips for Good milk flow
– Don’t press the pump level too hard that would compress the breast tissue and can obstruct milk flow.
– You can mediate breathing exercises, listen to soothing music, or take a back or shoulder massage that can relax you as it releases the hormone oxytocin that can help you express more milk flow.
– Massaging your breasts helps a lot in more milk flow before and during pumping.
– A warm compressor too help in the stimulation of more milk
– It’s proven that skin to skin touch with your baby can express more milk flow so try it out
– Always choose comfortable & right breast shields that will eliminate all discomfort.
|NOTE: It is always recommended to breastfeed your baby when you are at home as the stimulation created by baby cause more milk generation and only use breast pumps when absolutely necessary like if you are in pain or too tired and have to go outside.|
Advantages & Disadvantages of using a Manual Breast Pump
Manual Breast Pumps are the most comfortable device when you have to pump on tender and sore breasts. It lets you manage its speed and suction power manually. Likewise, it has many more pros that can make the investment worth your money. So let’s find out a few of the advantages and disadvantages of manual breast pumps to make the purchase easy for you.
Advantages of Manual Breast Pump
- Simple & convenient size – Mostly, manual pumps are simple-looking and convenient to carry around, which makes it so much portable and lightweight.
- Very Comfortable – Most of the manual pumps have dual-phase expressing, which means it works on mimicking the baby’s sucking process, and the lever handle allows to have full control over the strength and speed of the pump.
- Affordable – Manual breast pumps are far cheaper and affordable than electric pumps.
- Simple to use mechanism – A simple mechanism that can be used by anyone as it doesn’t require any complicated wiring, button. It works on the lever that can be operated manually with its speed and timing under your control.
- Easy to clean – A manual pump has just three parts and a storing bottle that can be easily dismantled, clean & sterilized in warm water or microwave.
- Not dependent on electricity – You don’t need any power source to operate a manual pump making it easy to use anytime and anywhere.
- Travel-friendly – Its compact that will allow you to fit into your handbag, which you can take with you anywhere you travel.
- Quieter than other pumps – The mechanism is always quieter than other electric or battery-operated pump that will allow you not to disturb your sleeping baby.
Disadvantages of Manual Breast Pumps
- Slower than electric pumps – The process of manual pumps is slower than other fast electricity-based pumps as their suction power is more.
- Tiring & strenuous – Some women find the manual breast pump process to be tiring for their hands as they have to keep pulling the lever to create suction, which is a strenuous job.
- Time-consuming – It is not an excellent option for mothers who have time constraints as pumping through manual pumps takes a lot of time and requires patience.
– Buying Guide for Breast Pumps
– Best Feeding or Nursing Pillow in India
List of the Best Manual Breast Pumps in India for everyday use
|Trumom PPSU Gold Manual Breast Pump||BPA free PPSU Gold 180 ml bottle|
Adjustable suction control lever
Soft cushion pad
|Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump||Super portable|
Easy to assemble, use and clean
|NUK Expressive Manual Breast pump||Ergonomic handle for less hand fatigue|
Skin-soft breast cushion and flange
|Chicco Manual Breast Pump||Effective and gentle expression|
|Philips Avent Breast Pumps Manual||Natural nipple for natural latch on|
Angled neck allows comfortable posture
|Pigeon Manual Breast Pump Essential||Advance Sealing Air Cushion|
Bottle stand can be use as funnel cap as well
Best Manual Breast Pumps Review 2021
Here is a detailed review of 6 Best Manual Breast Pumps that are portable, travel-friendly, easy to use and very affordable.
1. Trumom PPSU Gold Manual Advanced Breast Pump
The manual breast pump by Trumom is an advance suction controller. The cushion pad is made of 100% food-grade silicone. The design help to collect the leaking milk while nursing on the other side. It follows the most natural process of feeding by mimicking the baby’s sucking pattern. It emulates the baby’s first initial sucking motion for initiation of lactation and also gives massage after every 45 seconds. It is more comfortable, gentle, and pleasurable than using an electronic pump that may hurt your nipples by strong suction. Its soundless operation lets you have a quiet moment with your baby.
– Suction & Expression dual modes
– Adjustable Suction Control System
– Soft massage cushion pad stimulates painless pumping
– Includes hard-wearing, highly durable and long-lasting bottle
– Leakproof design
– Safe & medical grade material
- Very easy to clean
- Lightweight & portable
- Allows comfortable pumping position
- Includes free breast pads and storage bags
- Good milk expressing power
- Very soft on the skin
- No issues found yet
2. Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump with Tooth Tissues
Lansinoh manual breast pump is easy to assemble, use, and clean. The ComfortSealTM cushion gives gentle, efficient pumping. Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump offers one ComfortSealTM Cushion, Two standard size bottles, Two extra white valves, Two bottle rings, two sealing disks, and lastly, one cleaning brush. The suction pad secure seal for more comfortable and efficient pumping. The Flange bottle stand holds the bottle to prevent any spillage. The Ergonomic handle allows easy, comfortable pumping.
– Adjustable two-phase technology
– Ergonomic, comfortable express handle
– Includes pre-sterilized Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags
– Lightweight and portable
– ComfortFit Flange (2 sizes included)
- Comfortable and effective
- Bottle holder stand
- Quiet pumping operation
- Very affordable
- Suction is effective than an electric pump
- No downside noted much
3. NUK Expressive Manual Breast Pump
NUK expressive manual breast pump comes with super soft contoured silicone cushions molds that fit with your breasts perfectly and give massage and stimulates milk flow. It has a Comfortable flange that is softer for your skin. It’s easy to assemble and portable. The collectible bottle helps to store the milk effortlessly.
– Ergonomic handle minimizes hand fatigue
– Very lightweight & compact
– Skin-soft breast cushion
– One-handed pump
– Easy to assemble & disassemble
- Quieter than other brands
- Very soft & comfortable breast pads
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- The design makes it a little uncomfortable on your hand
Buy NUK Expressive Manual Breast pump
View on Amazon.in
4. Chicco Manual Breast Pump
Chicoo Manual Breast Pumps comes with dual Phase technology with stimulation & expression. The ergonomic handle ensures maximum comfort and does strain your hands. The extra-soft silicone cup remains gentle on your skin extra soft silicone cup for maximum gentleness. This brand doesn’t boast of any special technology and is great for everyday use.
– Effective and gentle expression with Diaphragm Technology
– Extra soft silicone cup
– 2 Phase technology with stimulation & expression
– The ergonomic handle is easy to grip, gives maximum comfort, and less fatigue
– Include Storage container
- Painless like extraction
- Comfortable, soft & gentle on skin
- Good for occasional use
- Requires too much patience for pumping
- Average quality material
5. Philips Avent Breast Pumps
One of the most popular brands, Philips Avent, has designed a manual style breast pump that allows you to relax and be in a most comfortable position while you are expressing milk. The angled neck doesn’t let you lean forward. The massage cushion enhances good milk flow and works on the baby’s sucking pattern. Additionally, it’s compact, lightweight, and easy to carry around.
– lightweight and compact
– Natural nipple & natural storage bottle
– The ergonomically shaped handle gives effortless grip
– Mimics infant suckling behavior
– Textured massage cushion pads
- Very easy to use & Comfortable
- Easy pumping without tiredness
- Expresses milk quickly
- Cleaning the pump & bottle is easy
- Dishwasher safe
- It’s a little squeaky
6. Pigeon Manual Breast Pump
Pigeon Manual Breast Pump-Essential allows quick and comfortable milk expressing. The advance sealing air Cushion makes sit very gentle on breasts. The one-hand system with an ergonomically designed handle gives easy pumping without tiring your hands. The bottle comes with a stand that can be used as a funnel cap.
– Advance Sealing Air Cushion
– Adjustable suction pressure
– Unique Silicone Diaphragm
– Ergonomically designed handle
– Prevent the backflow of milk into the funnel
- Easy to assemble
- Effortless pumping and latching
- Quality of material is good
- Suction power is awesome
- Plastic is BPA free
- Value for money
- No downside noted as such
Best Manual Breast Pumps in India 2021 – Conclusion
You can choose any of these above mentioned manual breast pumps in India as all these pumps are most reviewed at Amazon and Flipkart with great features, design, comfort, and price. Manual breast pumps are more comfortable than electrical breast pumps with their ability to be controlled by hand, so the suction power doesn’t discomfort and gives pain to mothers, but in case you wish fast expressing than go for electrical or battery-operated breast pumps.