Chocolate Glazed Donuts is a sweet snack made out of flour dough that are usually fried and ring shaped with a hole.
“You can’t buy happiness but you can buy donuts and that’s kind of the same thing” I just love this quote,I read somewhere and every time I take a bite of these chocolate donuts it makes these lines sound so true.
Last time when I had an exceptionally wow donuts, was in Dubai. Since now I don’t stay there… and travelling there every weekend is not the best choice… so I thought of making them at home. Then, they would definitely be available to me any time I want to grab one.
Today I’m going to reveal the secret of how you can make that crispy yummy chocolate glazed donuts at home and be popular among your neighbourhood. When you sink your teeth into a freshly-made, still-warm donut, it tastes like pure joy, especially when they’re homemade. Just dip them into pool of chocolate sauce and it will be a heavenly experience.
Now, let’s chat about the rich, smooth, velvety Ganache for a sec. It’s simply made from Raw dark chocolate (I used mode brand here) with cream and just them together and there you go, 1 minute chocolate Ganache.
I will also share a baked method for diet conscious people. Yes, Healthy donuts do exist. These baked ones are the way to go to slash the fat and calories. Suddenly these Chocolate glazed donuts will become guilt-free treats for you by not frying but baking them.
Baking these chocolate glazed donuts is so easy! Easier than cookies, cupcakes, cakes and muffins. These donuts are quite quick – they take about 9-10 minutes, tops. Once they come out of the oven, just sugar coat it or again dip them in Ganache and there you go.
|Tips: You may make this recipe into muffins using a muffin pan. Bake at the same temperature for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.|
|Tips: If you use little Ground nutmeg, it will give that bakery Donut taste.|
|Tips: Donuts taste best eaten the same day, though they may be covered tightly and stored at room temperature for 2 days.|
Ingredients for Chocolate Glazed Donuts
For kneading dough
- 2 cups Maida
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Oil for frying
For glazing donuts
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 100 grams Brown chocolate
- 100 grams White chocolate
Frying method for Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- First we need to make the dough… for that take the milk and make it lukewarm. Also melt the butter a little bit so that it gets mixed in flour easily later.
- Meanwhile activate the yeast by mixing together the yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, and ¼ cup warm milk. Stir together to dissolve the sugar and yeast. Let it stand for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to proof (it will get very bubbly).
- Now take flour in any big utensil, add sugar, salt, dry active yeast, melted butter, egg, nutmeg powder and mix all ingredients really well. With the help of remaining lukewarm milk knead soft dough. Keep kneading the dough for 5-7 minutes so that it gets soft.
- Roll the dough giving it a round shape. Spread some dry flour on the board and place dough on it. With help of rolling pin make a round circle with 1/2 – 3/4 cm thickness and cut round donuts with help of a glass. Take a small cap of bottle and make holes in the center of the donuts. Place donuts on a tray. Make more from the rest of the dough again in similar manner. Brush all prepared donuts with oil so that they don’t get dried.
- Keep the donuts in a container, cover it and keep aside for 2 hours so that they become puffy
- After 2 hours take oil in a pan and place it on flame for heating. Gently place 2-3 or as many donuts as possible in medium hot oil. Fry on low flame until they turn golden brown in color. Take out fried donuts in a plate with absorbent paper. Fry all donuts like wise. Dust piping hot donuts with powdered sugar.
Baking method for Chocolate Glazed Donuts
I referred this baking process from one of my favorite blogs, SallysBakingAddiction.com
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, and ¼ cup warm milk. Stir together to dissolve the sugar and yeast. Let it stand for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to proof (it will get very bubbly).
- Meanwhile, mix together the 2 tablespoons melted butter and warm milk. Mix in the egg and salt. After the yeast has proofed for 5 minutes, add the milk-butter-egg-salt mixture to the yeast. Using your mixer’s dough hook, turn the mixer on to medium low speed to combine.
Tip: if you don’t have a large stand mixer, you can use a sturdy mixing spoon or spatula to combine the ingredients.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along and stir until just combined. Do not over mix the batter otherwise it will become very thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cavities. Here’s my little trick, once the thick donut batter is all mixed together, simply spoon it into a large zipped-top bag and pipe it into the donut cavities through a little corner you’ll cut out. It sounds weird, but it’s the easiest way to get the donut batter neatly into the donut pan. Plus, it’s easy clean up! I fill the bag similar to how I fill a piping bag for frosting a cake. Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling 2∕3 – 3∕4 of the way full.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the pan and bake the remaining donut batter. Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing.
Method to glaze the donuts
- Melt brown and white chocolate. Take off the bowls with melted chocolates of flame and dip dome donuts with white chocolate and rest with brown chocolate.
- Make a cone filled with brown chocolate and make line on the white chocolate donuts for garnishing and make white chocolate cone for garnishing the brown chocolate donuts.
|Tip: For melting chocolates, heat water in any utensil and place the second utensil with crushed chocolate on its top. Cook on medium flame until chocolate gets pouring consistency. Stir after every 1-2 minutes. After chocolate melts completely take it off flame, let it get frigid and then bring in use.|
Use Chocolate Ganache for getting those rich chocolate glazed donuts followed by your favourite colour sprinkles and enjoy with your favourite coffee or just like that