With the commencement of winters, we start avoiding our daily routine of a morning shower to prevent the shock we get from cold water. Funny as it sounds, but cold water does give all of us goosebumps during those chilling winters. A solution to this sluggish attitude we get is installing an Instant Water Heater that would provide us with hot water instantly, and thus letting us enjoy our winter baths too.
What is an Instant Water heater?
As the name suggests, Instant water heaters are instant in a real sense and provide us with hot water supply as soon its switched on. Also known as the demand-type water heaters, these water heaters are tankless unlike storage water heaters and give a constant amount of hot water until switched off. The principle on which it works is just like an immersion rod that heats the water through an electric element but inside a container wherein the cold water travels through a pipe into the unit and gives us back the heated water through outlet pipe or hot water tap.
Pros & Cons of using an Instant Water heater
- You get hot water instantly as soon as you switch the Geyser
- It has lower operating and energy cost
- Have a life expectancy of longer than 20 years
- The parts are easily replaceable and available
- Its energy-efficient than storage water heaters
- Suitable for bachelors and small-sized family
- Saves a lot of space
- Both gas geyser & electric eater heater options are available
- Water supply is unlimited
- Inconsistent water temperatures
- Installation is costly
- Though unlimited the flow of water supply is slower
- It cannot be used for diverse purposes at the same time
Things to consider while buying an Instant water Geyser
It’s essential to choose the type of instant water heater that comes with two options. The gas instant geysers and the electric instant geyser. The main factor in differentiating in buying gas and electric water heaters is their efficiency and safety.
Selecting the right size and how much capacity of water the water heater gives at a time should depend upon the need of your family. To meet a family demand is an essential factor to consider before buying the instant water heater as they are tank-less and do not store water to buffer any shortage.
3. Energy Consumption
Saving electricity is the main benefit of an instant water heater, so it’s essential to pay close attention while choosing the one as per your need.
4. Safety features
Safety is a crucial factor if you are considering to buy a gas instant water heater. There are chances of leakage with a gas water heater, so some brands offer safety features like deducting leakage and child lock and auto cutoff in electrical instant geyser to avoid any accidents.
5. Installation space
Instant water heaters are mostly compact and can be installed in smaller areas of space; also, it’s crucial to establish a gas instant geyser at such a height where it can be switched off quickly to avoid any overheating.
Our top picked 5 Instant Water heaters for safe & instant hot water
1. Bajaj Ivora 3 liter Instant Water Heater
Bajaj has always been popular for manufacturing quality products, and so this instant water heater is another energy-efficient compact water heater. It can withstand 8 bar high pressure and is suitable for even high-rise buildings. Its outer body is corrosion and rustproof. It has multiple safety features against dry heating, overheating, and comes with a neon indicator for readiness and heating.
– Compact & elegant design
– Corrosion-proof outer body
– High-quality thermoplastic
– Multiple safety features
– Instant 3 liters water supply
– 1-year warranty
- Free installation by the company
- High-quality product
- Saves a lot of electricity
- Gives hot water as soon as it’s switched on
- Beautiful design
- All accessories are to be purchased separately
2. Crompton Bliss 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
The Crompton Instant Water heaters come in 1 and 3 liters capacity and built with stainless steel body that retains heat and ABS material makes it rust proof. It has high quality copper heating element. It has a unique sleek design and can withstand 6.5 presure bar.
– Sleek aesthetically designed
– 3 liters of instant water
– ANTI- SIPHON PROTECTION to prevent dry heating damage
– Preset thermal cut out
– LED indicators for smooth operation
– 2 years warranty
- Sleek and modern design
- High-quality stainless steel body
- LED indicator makes it easy to use
- Easy to install
- Very reasonable
- Inlet pipes and connectors have to be purchased separately
3. Bajaj Flora Instant 3 Ltr Vertical Water Heater
Another Instant Water heater by Bajaj gives the option of 1 and 3-liter capacity of instant water. It is built with a rustproof and thermoplastic body that makes it highly durable. Its neon indicators for power heating function makes it easy to use. It comes with fireproof cable and triple safety features to prevent any accidents.
– Multiple safety features
– Compact floral design
– Thermoplastic high-quality body
– Corrosion and rustproof
– Two years warranty
- Compact and beautiful design
- Gives instant hot water and gets switched off automatically
- Easy to use and install
- High-quality Product
- Accessories not provided with purchase
4. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Geyser
Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Geyser comes with a unique and interesting feature of color-changing LED Indicator that changes color as the water gets heated up. The inner tank is built with stainless steel and ABS outer body makes it rust & shockproof.
– Rust and shockproof
– High-quality body
– Color changing LED Indicators
– Multiple safety features like the pre-calibrated thermostat, safety valve, and preset thermal cutout
– Fire retarded power cable
– Warranty – 5 years on the inner container and two years on product
- Easy to Install
- Easy to use with LED indicators
- Consumes less electricity
- Not suitable for more than two-person
5. Racold Pronto Neo 3 Litres Instant Water Heater
The instant water heater by Racold comes with options for a small as well as medium size family with its 1, 3, and 6 liter capacity of instant hot water. It can withstand high-pressure up to 6.5 bar. It is built with Italian design, thus giving it an elegant style. Equipped with safety features like auto cut off, anti syphoning prevent dry heating and has a safety valve.
– Suitable for high rise building with 6.5 bar pressure stand
– Elegant and compact design
– Three level of safety
– Automatic temperature control
– Warranty: 2 years on Product, 2 years on Heating Element & 5 years on the tank
- Faster heating
- Auto cutoff
- Great for a small and medium-sized family
- Saves electricity
- No downside noted yet
Best Instant Geysers 2022 – Conclusion
These are some of the best rated Instant water heaters in India that work on electricity but also read our best pick of instant gas geysers that are worth buying too. We have taken into consideration all safety features, reasonably priced, and feedback from the buyers, thus making it easier for you to choose the best instant water heaters for your home.