- Effectiveness of Nasal Spray for Cold
- How an Antiviral Nasal Spray works ?
- Best Nasal Spray for Cold & Sinus
- 1. Afrin No Drip Extra Moisturizing Pump
- 2. NasalCrom Nasal Spray Allergy
- 3. Sterimar Protect Cold and Sinus Nasal Spray
- 4. FridaBaby NoseFrida Saline Snot Spray
- 5.VICKS SINEX SPRAY 12-HR DECONG
- 1. GoodSense Nasal Decongestant Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg tablets
- 2. Sudafed PE Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non-Drowsy Decongestant
- 3. Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief Tablets
- Best Nasal Spray for Cold & Sinus 2021- Conclusion
Its the time of crisis when the entire world is worried about the contagious COVID-19 Coronavirus that has created an emergency all over the world with its impact on humans. We are trying to find any possible way to keep ourselves safe from this deadly disease. Many health care organizations are releasing advisory & circulars to follow steps that can prevent us from getting infected through Coronavirus like using antiviral face masks, washing hands with alcohol-based sanitizer, etc.
Social isolation is another way to stop its spread if you have caught the infection, but in this blog, I’m going to focus on how you can avoid getting severely ill if you are suffering from any kind cold or flu viruses and how the best antiviral nasal spray can also prevent your symptoms from getting worse.
Effectiveness of Nasal Spray for Cold
It’s not yer confirmed if nasal sprays can prevent Coronavirus, but a compound called Oxymetazoline found in over the counter nasal spray or decongestant may help kill the virus that causes the common cold. A new study also confirms that people using antiviral nasal sprays showed a drop in their viral symptoms after three days of usage. So as per basic common sense by using nasal sprays while having a cold, which could be a positive COVID-19 virus can help us not to aggravate the virus to our respiratory organs and thus gives a better chance to recover.
A nasal spray is built to disrupt the cold virus infection cycle but how it does that, let’s find out :
During a common cold or flu, millions of viruses take their place in the nasal passages, and that is how an infection is spread in the nose and to other people through droplets, but when we use a nasal spray it interrupts the infection cycle and alleviates its symptoms thus help you cure.
Best Nasal Spray for Cold & Sinus
Here is the detailed review for the best Nasal spray for the cold virus that will flush out all the nasal bacteria & viruses in seconds. All these sprays are inexpensive, very effective for treating or preventing cold, flu symptoms. In this season of Coronavirus pandemic, we suggest you use these nasal sprays as a precautionary measure three to four times a day if you are suffering from any kind of cold continuously for three days, and we hope you will be able to protect yourself from these viruses to spread more into your body.
1. Afrin No Drip Extra Moisturizing Pump
Recently in a case study, an American lady who was found COVID-19 positive isolated herself and started using nasal spray by Afrin. It helped her a lot to subside her Coronavirus symptoms and she saved herself from making her symptoms worsen and did not require any respiratory support. With this example, we all know that Afrin Nasal spray provides relief from cold symptoms for up to 12 hours. It’s a non-drowsy formula with Oxymetazoline hydrochloride that gives quick relief of nasal congestion, but it’s advised to use it for not more than three days.
– Suitable for adults and children above 6 +
– 12 Hour Nasal Congestion Relief
– Designed to allow more natural breathing
– Helps to relieve symptoms from upper respiratory allergies, common cold, flu, and sinus
– Non-Drowsy Formula
– Chemical Composition – Oxymetazoline hydrochloride
- Very effective for sinus
- No Drip Extra Moisturizing formula
- Clears stuffy nose
- Not recommended as a daily nasal inhaler
2. NasalCrom Nasal Spray Allergy
The NasalCrom Nasal Spray fights all allergy-related symptoms that have stuffed up to your nose and also prevent these symptoms from coming again. Its steroids free and has Cromolyn Sodium as an active ingredient. Its non-drowsy formula that cures runny/itchy nose, sneezing, and allergic stuffy nose.
– Safe for adults & kids above 2 years.
– Steroids free formula
– Prevents and controls nasal allergy symptoms
– Stabilize your nasal mast cells
- Works great on respiratory allergies
- Prevents allergy symptoms
- Very clean to use
- Nice packaging with tightly fitted cap screw
- Easy to use
- Do not use for more than 3 days continuously
3. Sterimar Protect Cold and Sinus Nasal Spray
Steimar Nasal spray protects blocked infected nose with its sea water solution which is 100% natural hypertonic rich in oligo-elements, enriched in copper with anti-infectious properties and eucalyptus essential oil with purifying virtues to fight against cold symptoms. It alleviates the nasal tracks, fluidifies and enhances the mucosa evacuation to fight infection immediately.
– Organic natural formula
– Can be used by adults and kids above 3 years
– Fluidities and enhances the mucosa evacuation
– Decongests immediately
– Fights cold and provides sinusitis relief
– Sea water-based solution nasal spray
– Suitable for pregnant & breastfeeding mothers
- Dissolves the built-up mucus
- Improves chest congestion symptoms
- Improves breathing
- Hygienic packaging
- Easy to use nozzles for adults & kids
- No downside noted yet
4. FridaBaby NoseFrida Saline Snot Spray
The Fridababy Saline Nasal Spray is an all-natural nasal mist that softens stubborn blocked nasal passage in a natural way. The saline mist in this nasal spray is made of two ingredients, sea salt, and water making it the most natural & gentle formulation perfect to moisturize nasal passages. IT comes with a small applicator tip specially designed for small noses for kids.
– Free of alcohol, medicine or other additives
– No side effects
– Used on newborns up to adults
– Small applicator tip for tiny nostrils
– Removes mucus and clean nasal passageways
– Comes with 2-in-1 spray & drop application
- Easy to use
- Perfect for loosening snot in baby’s nose
- Bigger bottle with a good spray mechanism
- Some users didn’t like the bottle design
5.VICKS SINEX SPRAY 12-HR DECONG
Vicks Sinex Spray is an effective nasal spray decongestant that relieves sinus pressure, reduces swollen nasal congestion helping you to breathe freely. It moisturizes your nasal passage for up to 12 hrs with its fast, long lasting menthol based chemical compound and Oxymetazoline HCI. It provides temporary relief—up to 12 hours—for nasal congestion due to colds, hay fever, and upper respiratory allergies.
– Relieves nasal congestion
– Helps in Sinus pressure
– Helps in all respiratory allergies
– The active ingredient in Sinex spray is Oxymetazoline HCI
– Gives relief up to 12 hours
- Great for all sinus infection
- Doesn’t burn at all
- Helps in breathing without dryness
- Menthol effect gives good relief
- Takes a few minutes to start working
Also lookout for a few very effective Nasal Decongestant Tablets
1. GoodSense Nasal Decongestant Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg tablets
The GoodSense Nasal Decongestant tablets come with active ingredient Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg, which provides maximum strength, non-drowsy relief for nasal and sinus congestion and sinus pressure due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. This tablet is perfect for lower-priced yet powerful flu and cold decongestant. Its suitable for adults and children above 12 years with a recommended dosage of one tablet every four hours, but not exceeding more than six tablets in 24 hours.
- Inexpensive decongestant
- Very mild and doesn’t cause any dizziness
- Easy to swallow
- Great for both allergy relief & decongestant
- Not recommended for kids below 12
2. Sudafed PE Sinus Pressure + Pain Relief Maximum Strength Non-Drowsy Decongestant
Sudafed PE Sinus Decongestant is a non-drowsy formula that provides powerful relief of sinus pain, sinus pressure, nasal congestion, and headaches. Each tablet contains the decongestant Phenylephrine HCl and 325 milligrams of acetaminophen, a pain reliever, and a fever reducer. It also works by temporarily relieving nasal congestion associated with hay fever, upper respiratory allergies, and the common cold. It allows a normal flow of air and mucus thus relieving you from all unwanted symptoms.
- Works great on sinus headache
- Temporarily relieves nasal congestion
- Relieves upper respiratory allergies
- Mildly effective for pain & fever
- Not recommended for children below 12
3. Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief Tablets
An effective vegetarian tablet by Sambucol that gives your relief from cold & flu. It works naturally with your body to provide fast temporary relief from nasal & sinus congestion runny nose, sore throat, coughing, sneezing and chills, and even fever. It can be taken by adults as well as kids above 4 years and above. The best part about these tablets is that they are very low in sugar with just .1g per tablet and there are no artificial flavors or colors, its gluten, soy, dairy, nut, and egg-free.
- Doesn’t require chewing or swallowing
- Dissolves quickly under the tongue
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Helps with runny noses, sore throats, sinus congestion & cough
- Zero side effects
- No downside noted yet
Best Nasal Spray for Cold & Sinus 2021- Conclusion
All these above mentioned nasal decongestants are sure to help you relief the symptoms that you get when you catch a cold and right now when the world is going through havoc and panic with the COVID-19 pandemic it’s better to keep something ready that can prevent you and your loved ones from getting infected and make your symptoms worse. So lookout for a respirator mask that can fight Coronavirus or precautionary keep a nasal spray or tablets ready at your disposal to fight and end this disease. Be safe.