Kiwi Fruit Pudding is an Indian Sweet Dessert which is normally made with just milk reduction and tastes amazingly nice. This pudding is being twisted with a little Christmas flavor, adding a tinge of kiwi in it. Ever since I have been experimenting with this fruit I have gotten fabulous recipes. It’s a power house of nutrients, vitamin C, folic acid and lots more… so always thought to share this with everyone so they also start to enjoy this fruit’s taste and nutritional values.
Surely the choice is yours but I believe one kiwi fruit a day will keep the doctor away. So I’m here sharing rice pudding recipe with kiwi. In India this recipe is called Phirni. So this one would be called as kiwi phirni. It is sweet and tangy in flavor.
Kiwi, as most of us know is an exotic fruit with a brilliant green colour and unique taste, but most us here don’t know that this fruit is a chef’s delight. Whenever it comes to kiwi, it is used in garnishing and many more things but there is a trick to it when we use it with dairy products, it needs to be protected so that it doesn’t get that metallic taste. No worries here, just follow our steps properly and use the ingredients in same proportion and it will be cooked without much effort. An earthen pot is a perfect vessel to set this dessert, as the porous surface of the pot will absorb water leaving a thick & creamy Phirni behind.
|Tip: You could replace the kiwi with any other fruit of your choice. Apple, banana, strawberries, raspberries and mango goes well with this dessert.|
So enjoy this delicious and healthy India dessert as your dinner offering or a lovely Christmas treat.
Ingredients for Kiwi Fruit Pudding
- 3 to 4 Kiwi
- 1 litre Milk
- 90 gms (3.17 ounce) Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- Kiwi for garnishing
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
Method for Kiwi Fruit Pudding
- Boil a litre of milk.
- Add rice flour to it (you can even make a powder of normal rice in the blender if there is no time to go buy rice flour) and stir.
- Add sugar, a pinch of cardamom powder and let it simmer for a few minutes till it’s thick and creamy. Keep creaming it till it comes to room temperature.
- Puree 4 kiwis with a pinch of nutmeg powder and cook with 1 cup of sugar and it will give an amazing glazed colour.
- Mix the kiwi pulp to the mixture and stir properly.
- Pour into earthen bowls and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add a thin kiwi slice for the garnish, and your tasty kiwi fruit pudding is ready.