Baby Corn Bell pepper Chilli is an Indo Chinese recipe with flavours of various sauces which is semi dry and can be served as starters or side dish.
Baby Corn Bell Pepper Chilli is very simple, easy and quick dish with indo Chinese fusion. It can be prepared in few minutes. In this recipe, the soft textures of the corn is beautifully balanced by the crunchiness of the bell pepper and onion.
I always prefer this starter dish whenever I have a party at home or just even relaxing in front of my laptop doing some writing because it doesn’t make me feel that I have eaten too much but still my taste buds gets satisfied with its scrumptious aroma and taste.
Baby Corn Bell Pepper Chilli has all the addictive flavour combinations that the Indo-Chinese cuisine promises. Sweet, sour, hot and a hearty bite that’s chewy and tender yet firm. You can work around the flavours to suit your needs. This is easily customizable. I enjoyed it with my favourite mocktail drink.
|Tip: You can pan fry or shallow fry Baby corn for getting rid of too much oil. For Panfrying you will need only 2 to 3 teaspoon oil and it will take more manoeuvre but will be healthier.|
|Tip: You can make similar dish using potatoes, cauliflower or even tofu or paneer. Just follow same process and substitute these with Baby corn.|
Ingredients for making Baby Corn Bell pepper Chilli
- ½ kg baby corns
- 1 big sized onions
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 tomato, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 3 to 4 green chillies
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak) and garlic (lehsun)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of ajinomoto
- oil as required for frying
Method for making Baby corn Bell pepper Chilli
- Wash Baby corns properly, dry them with kitchen towel and cut in equal sizes if too long.
- Also cut onions and bell pepper into square and meanwhile slit all green chilli into two.
- Take corn flour and Maida along with salt and black pepper powder and wit help of little water make a thick batter.
- In vok or kadai, heat oil &dip each baby corns in the prepared batter and deep fry the baby corns till golden in colour & place them on paper napkin
- Heat oil in another kadai,add chopped ginger/ garlic and green chillies, along with onions, bell pepper & sauté on high flame.
- Once bell pepper are little tender add tomatoes and sauté.
- In 1/4 water add both the sauces, mix well then pour this mixture in the kadai add baby corns.
- Wait for boil and add ajinomoto & stir gently.
Serve hot with any of your favourite drink